Dear Fusion families,
I hope you all are all staying safe and healthy during this unprecedented time. We have been working hard at Fusion to plan for the summer and for the time when we can get back on the field and play.
With schools now officially closed thru the end of the school year, we will not be able to return to play anytime in May. There are too many fields across the state that will be closed. We are supportive of CDC guidelines and Governor Walz regarding social distancing, stay at home, and general good health habits.
Here are some steps we are taking within club to prepare for what is next:
- Planning to Play
- Both Competitive and Recreation as restrictions ease.
- Current startup will be no earlier than June 1st.
- We are communicating with both MYSA and TCSL to assess implementing a compacted summer schedule.
- Established alternative dates for our Fusion Camps (Click HERE for more information).
- Organizing regular video call interactions for teams and coaches to provide support and additional educational opportunities.
- Developed an at Home Training Programming which includes Strength, Cardio, Injury Prevention, and Technical training.
- Established ‘New Normal’ standard for play (smaller groups, no hand shaking, etc).
We know the uncertainty of our summer activities can be frustrating and that “at home training” through an app is not for everyone. With online school and working from home stresses, you likely do not need another requirement added your calendar. But we are here when you need us. Do the activities you can.
We take great pride in providing high quality soccer programming – and are adapting with the times to help players and coaches include soccer in their weekly activities. We want you to know that we will be ready to deliver a great soccer experience as soon as we are able to get back on the field.
Stay safe and healthy,
Fusion Soccer Club