We've been in awe of the adaptability and maturity of our sisters as they help lead our chapters during this time. The bold leadership of our members reinforces the shared values of our sisters and continues to make us proud as members of Phi Sigma Sigma. Additionally, the thankless work of university employees, the dedication of our volunteers and the care of corporations does not go unnoticed.
The one thing that continues to ring true as we approach our work and tough decisions in times like this is the need to maintain the health and safety of our members and their communities. Following Friday's National Emergency decision, we feel it is imperative to comply with the government and health official's recommendation to observe social distancing.
With great care, we are canceling in-person activities of any size and type hosted by our chapters through Spring 2020 semester. This follows guidance by the CDC that has recommended suspending events and activities with 10 or more people for the next eight weeks. As we look to ensure the health and wellness of our members and communities, it would be irresponsible for us to not follow this guidance.
We understand this is not how our members envisioned their semester - it is not how we envisioned it for them either. But as leaders in our communities, we need to take substantial action and follow the recommendations that can make a difference for the world around us.
Our staff's immediate priorities in the coming days include:
- Regular communication with the chapter archon and advisors, supporting any chapter/campus specific needs.
- Accommodating members requiring additional support and resources in navigating relocation.
- Assessment and audit of each chapter's financial commitments and exploring the impact on member's financial responsibilities.
- Scheduling cleaning and security services for all Fraternity facilities.
- Development and roll out of online member development programming.
- Exploration of methods to remain connected to sisters at a distance.
Please find the new chapter protocols outlined below. As we continue to adjust to the quickly changing landscape, we will share regular updates. Future updates and resources will be published on our
It is times like this that try us, but we know that the strength of our pyramid will only be reinforced by the love of our sisters!
In Our Bond,