April 18, 2020
I want to take this opportunity to reassure you that Greystone Programs is enforcing proactive safety measures during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis. While we have all been affected by COVID-19, the well-being of those in our care, our employees and the community remains our foremost priority. We have implemented extraordinary precautions that closely monitor daily developments in order to respond to the needs of those we support.
- Operating under strict CDC protocols for infection control
- Suspension of all visits unless medically or clinically essential, in adherence to the guidelines of The OPWDD
- Requiring all support staff to wear masks while on shift
- Availability of hand sanitizer throughout our residences
- Cleaning and sanitization of all site’s multiple times per day
- Certain locations cleaned and disinfected by a professional company
- Mandating staff who are experiencing any symptoms of illness (i.e., cough, runny nose, headache, fever, body aches) to stay home and self-quarantine for a minimum of 7 days and 72 hours until symptom free
- Taking the temperatures daily of all Greystone-supported individuals and staff
- Designated a separate quarantine facility for any individuals in our care who are diagnosed with COVID-19
- Infection Control Committee meets daily (7 days/week) to review all signs and symptoms for all individuals and staff
- Deployed staff to specific IRAs only to minimize exposure
- Implemented food delivery service to all IRAs
- Disinfecting entry station to all residences
- Prevention training Part 1 and Part 2
We attribute successful mitigation efforts to our front line staff who report to work faithfully and without complaint because of their unwavering dedication and commitment to those we support. Greystone’s Direct Support Professionals and other front line staff are health-care heroes amidst this crisis.
As we all adjust to the “new normal” and prepare for the long haul of combatting COVID-19 together, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns at
. Our connection is more vital than ever. Stay healthy and safe, dear friends.
With Warm Regards,