As was shared at Saturday’s FIPPOA Spring Membership meeting, homeowners in the west end - Zone 1 - Sandy to Pine - will soon be able to sign-up for FIOS subscriptions and activate their service shortly thereafter. This is significantly ahead of the original estimate of FIOS delivery in the Fall and can be attributed to the hard work Verizon has done to wire our community.
Now here is the important part - I anticipate sharing via newsletter on approximately a weekly basis, the lot numbers that would be eligible to subscribe. When your lot number comes up, you have two options.
- Contact any Verizon team member working in the Pines and give them a phone number for a FIOS representative dedicated to and knowledgeable about the Pines, to contact you with subscription information.
- Call the following Verizon general subscription number - 1-800- VERIZON (1-800-837-4966).
Please do not contact Verizon to subscribe until your lot number is called in my newsletters!
Subscription options are expected to include three packages with speed ranges from 200 Mbps to 1 Gig with monthly pricing from $39.99 to $79.99 for the 1 Gig package. Other expected offerings as of this writing:
- $99 one-time installation fee waived for 1 Gig package
- Free router with 1 Gig package
- Verizon land-line phone service for an additional $20/month
- $10/month discount for subscribers with Verizon wireless accounts
- No contract with minimum commitment periods; dormant option for a fee of $5/month (still to be confirmed)
- Other incentives, such as Amazon Prime for 12 months, all of which the FIOS representative can share
- All terms and conditions above are subject to change.
Once you have subscribed, you will be given an installation date, currently expected to be within approximately one week. You will also receive a 2-hour window, but please be flexible and allow additional time. The FIOS installer will need access to your house and to an electrical outlet.
If you have questions or are having difficulty connecting to a Verizon representative, please feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
. I can help you in contacting a FIOS representative; advice on subscription decisions is between you and the FIOS representative.
The Internet Task Force communicated to the Pines community in our initial announcement approximately two months ago that we expect the Pines to be fully wired during the Fall of this year. Given Verizon’s rapid role out, which is well ahead of schedule, and if similar progress continues, we hope that all residents and commercial enterprises that wish to subscribe will have that opportunity to do so by early Fall, if not even sooner. The rollout will occur from west to east as the late Spring and Summer progresses.
Please watch the newsletter for additional updates.