July 10, 2020
Dear Prep families and faculty,
I hope this summer finds you happy, healthy and well. We cannot wait to get back to musical instruction and continue this journey with you.
I am writing today to update you on the progress we are making to re-open our school this fall. The administrative team is taking great lengths to ensure your safety and well-being, while pursuing your passion, music making. CIM is preparing for a Preparatory Division Return to Campus beginning on August 24 – in addition to everything you’ll find in this message, the Preparatory FAQ linked below and on the
Safety Measures page
, we are finalizing plans for all programs to shift to virtual instruction if conditions in Cuyahoga County warrant.
For the safety of the entire CIM community, a number of measures have been put in place. Please understand that these are aligned with the best guidance available from the Ohio Department of Health and US Centers for Disease Control and reflect our best understanding at this time. As conditions change in Cuyahoga County, CIM will adapt our procedures and notify you via email.
- All CIM community members should self-assess their health before coming to the building, and temperature screenings will take place at the door.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection processes are in place. Learn more.
- Clear shields have been fabricated for studio use, to give more protection to students and teachers during lessons.
- All students, staff, faculty, parents and vendors are required to properly wear face coverings/masks in all public spaces.
- All rooms at CIM have been measured and evaluated for maximum capacity. Physical guidelines will be enforced: string players will wear masks and be at least 6 ft. apart for rehearsals; wind players and singers will be at least 12 ft. apart. Distancing requirements mean that some program changes are necessary. Learn more in the Prep FAQ linked below.
Depending on your preference (as well as the availability of the faculty), individual lessons may be taken in person or online. When you complete your enrollment form online, you’ll be asked to specify your intention. Other programs (chamber music, Suzuki, Advanced Chamber Choir, orchestras, CYWS, Pre-College, MPF, etc.) will meet in person, with modifications to help keep everyone safe. Children’s Choirs will meet virtually. If you have questions that aren’t answered in the FAQ, please reach out to us at
– we’re happy to help!
CIM is enacting a planned annual update to our tuition and fees for the 2020-21 academic year. Some programs have a small increase, and others were reduced. You can view tuition rates for the year
. Because students will still have full access to faculty, student support and academic facilities, discounts will not be offered for virtual instruction.
To assist families during these challenging times, CIM Prep has also increased the amount of need-based financial aid available for preparatory students; find the application
We look forward to seeing you again next month! If you have any questions, please email
and we’ll be in touch.
Jerrod Price, Executive Director of Preparatory, Enrollment and Pathway Programs
Johnnia Stigall, Manager of Pre-College and Pathway Programs
Nina Takacs, Admissions Manager
Ty Niemeyer, Department Coordinator