March 20, 2020
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMMON LIFE AT HOLY APOSTLES
As we move deeper into our response to COVID-19, I reach out today with some opportunities for us to connect and worship remotely. We are all working on new ways to be church. In that process, our prayers and our care for one another remain essential. I have been in conversation with our Wardens and Vestry, with Mother Susan and Deacon Bob and with clergy colleagues, and it is my hope that the information below will provide a rhythm of connection that will sustain us all through the coming weeks.
- Clergy will be reaching out to congregants on a rotating weekly basis. If you are aware of anyone who has not been contacted and would like to be, please let us know.
- The Vestry has agreed to activate Vestry Liaison Groups, so expect to hear from your Vestry Liaison with an informal check-in via phone or email soon.
Online Worship and Programming
Sunday Morning Prayer at 11 am, led by the clergy
Tuesday at 6:15 pm: Insight Bible Study and Prayer with Mother Susan
Wednesday at 8:30 am: Morning Prayer with Deacon Bob
Thursday at 12:00: Noonday Prayer and Conversation with Mother Anna
- We will be sending the Prayer List, with announcements and written meditation each Friday.
- A musical meditation from our Director of Music Tim Pyper, including a link to a piece of sacred music, will arrive in an email on Mondays.
- Other email communication will continue as needed.
We will be learning to be together through this new technology as we go, and there may be more ideas and initiatives that evolve in the coming weeks. As always, please reach out with comments and questions. Keep the faith and join us online when you can. In all things, remember that we are united in prayer, and in God’s love for us and our love for one another.