To LADD families and loved ones,
With the health, safety and well-being of LADD's community as our priority, we are paying close attention to the developments of the coronavirus (COVID-19). As of 3/9/2020, there are three confirmed cases in the State of Ohio in Cuyahoga County.
LADD is in regular communication with the City of Cincinnati and Hamilton County to assess ongoing threats to the people we serve. We are focused on preventative measures and contingency planning.
- Our staff is increasing the cleaning of commonly touched surfaces throughout the day and extra sanitizing will occur as needed.
- Our staff will receive 1-on-1 trainings to ensure they are able to:
- Properly perform preventative measures such as CDC directed hand washing methods,
- Teach people we serve those same methods and educate them on the importance of regular practice,
- Identify symptoms of infection and know next steps if infection is suspected.
- We are posting flyers related to CDC hand washing methods in every kitchen, bathroom, and common areas.
- We are doing a thorough assement of any planned LADD gatherings, or organized trips out of town, keeping health and safety at the forefront.
What you can do to help us keep your family members safe:
- CDC is recommending older people or people with compromised health issues do not travel. Please keep this in mind if you have a family trip planned.
- If you are sick please do not visit your family members living at LADD.
- Please follow CDC hand washing and sanitizing techniques and help reinforce the importance of proper hand washing with your family members.
- Stay up to date on current information affecting Ohio. The Ohio Health Department has launched a Coronavirus hotline. The call center is staffed with public health officials including licensed nurses and infectious disease experts. The call center will be open 7 days a week from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.and can be reached at 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634).
Additional information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is available at the links below:
he scope of this challenge remains fluid. Our first priority is doing all we can to make sure your loved one, is safe and healthy. As we are updated and information changes, please expect continued communication from us.