The world has changed over the past few weeks and we are all trying to get used to a NEW normal!
Public buildings are closed until further notice. March Break programming and travel plans are cancelled. Theatres are dark. Care communities and Retirement Residences are restricting visitors. Conferences, Trade Shows – even our Toronto Caregiver Show – has been cancelled or rescheduled.
There have been huge line-ups and empty shelves at grocery and big box stores as people rush to buy supplies to tide them over periods of self-isolation at home. Distilleries are producing bottles of hand sanitizer; toilet paper and canned goods are in huge demand.
We are living in challenging times and looking for ways to fit in, behave and, perhaps even thrive.
While you and your family are confined to your home for the next while...
- Stay healthy. Clean and disinfect everything!
- Take control of what you can. Let everything else go.
- Monitor your symptoms. If things get worse, call your health care provider.
- Embrace your time in forced isolation. Relax.
- Reach out to family, friends and neighbours and chat.
- Create happy memories for yourself and those you live with.
- Read a book, binge watch TV, learn a computer skill…
- Start spring cleaning early and since you've got time, spring CLEAR too!
- Work on your Income Taxes. June 1 approaches.
- Keep a diary because we will be talking about this for a long time!
- If you MUST leave the house, ask others if there is anything they need.
Stay healthy and continue to be kind!