My current read concerns thoughts and the power they have over us. The book suggests thoughts dictate the trajectory of our lives.
- Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right. – Henry Ford
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there. – Teddy Roosevelt
- The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts. – Marcus Aurelius
- Our thoughts make us what we are. – Dale Carnegie
- …not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing
of our minds. – Apostle Paul
- The thoughts you keep in a loop determine the direction of your life. – Steven Furtick
Many experts believe we think on the average 60,000 to 80,000 thoughts per day. I know some of you don’t, we’ll just leave it at that, but our thoughts have the power to dictate the world around us. To lift our spirits or depress us, but we are in control. Philippians says to think about things that are
true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and worthy of praise
- Are they true?
- Are they kind?
- Are they excellent?
We will never be able to adjust every negative thought, but we can try to free our minds from toxic thinking…one thought at a time.
We hope you enjoy our first newsletter of the roaring 20's.