Spending a day on the lake is a great way to stay happy and healthy, especially in Clark County. However, with the potential for health hazards, it is important to be familiar with precautions you and your family should take to stay safe. Pathogens in the water and sand usually come from human or animal feces and can make you sick. Luckily, it is very easy to stay healthy with a few tips:
- Before heading to the lake, check our website to see if your destination is currently under a health advisory.
- If you are immunocompromised, check with your healthcare provider before entering any natural body of water.
- Stay out of the water if you see discolored or smelly water. This could indicate a harmful algal bloom.
- If you have an open cut or wound, make sure it is completely covered with a waterproof bandage to prevent infection.
- Always wash your hands before eating, especially if they have been in contact with sand.
For more information on where and how to swim safely, click the button below.