Wedding Day Dog Ring Bearer and Flower Canine Tips
1. Before you even think about having your dog be a ring bearer or flower child in your wedding, take your pet's personality into consideration, and then plan accordingly.
2. Make sure your venue is pet friendly!
3. If your dog isn't comfortable in crowds or doesn't like the limelight, choose
On The Move Pet Care
to be the ceremony hound handler! The handler can place the ring or flowers around your dog's neck before the ceremony begins and escort your proud pooch down the aisle.
4. Place a favorite bed or pillow that your dog loves next to the altar, this is a way to make your dog feel comfortable and relaxed during the ceremony, and close enough to bring the ring when it's time.
5. If your dog is good with commands, then have the groom waiting patiently at the altar for his beautiful bride, and have him call your pet by name to start the wedding proceedings. Your flower canine or ring bearing dog will respond to his/her name and either walk, meander or run down the aisle. You have to expect a certain amount of spontaneity with pets in weddings!
6. Rehearse, rehearse, and rehearse! Remember this isn't the usual walk in the park for your pet, so practice the wedding march with your dog so it becomes a more familiar routine. And as always don't forget the magic of treats when rehearsing.