Patient Engagement Facility Checklist
- Identify patients who are interested in being more involved at the facility level (All facilities are asked to nominate a patient ambassador, and that person will be included in this initiative)
- Work with those patients to establish support groups and/or new patient adjustment groups
- Invite patient(s) to participate in the QAPI meeting ( we are asking facility leadership for ideas on the best way to do so, for instance the Network host monthly meetings with CMS and invites patients to talk for the first 10-15 minutes of the meeting before moving on to the other agenda items)
- Evaluate current processes related to patient, family, caregiver participation and determine if policies need to be developed or updated to address barriers related to patient and family engagement
Patient Ambassador Role:
- Distribute the Network and facility resources.
- Provide interested patients with information about becoming a patient advocate and/or patient ambassador. Help with facility awareness with regards to patient and family engagement.
- Provide report of your patient concerns, suggestions, and observations at the facility's QAPI meeting.