Our annual swim marathon normally takes place every winter (this photo is from January 2020). But, due to the pandemic, we postponed. . .until now!
This year's marathon, with a few modifications, will take place Friday, May 21 through Monday, May 24.
Here's what's the same about this year's marathon:
- Each swimmer will swim as many lengths as possible in an hour in the upstairs, 25-yard pool. (Greenfish will swim for 30 minutes, but in the downstairs pool.)
- The marathon will provide an opportunity for swimmers to test their mettle and see how much they've progressed.
- Swimmers will need one person to accompany them to count their lengths.
- Swimmers will have the opportunity to fundraise (see below).
Here's what's different about this year's marathon:
- The marathon is only open to swimmers registered for the late spring/summer season -- May 3-July1.
- The marathon is not mandatory, but it's strongly encouraged because it's a great opportunity for swimmers to challenge themselves and experience the joy of accomplishment.
- You will not sign up for a time slot. You will be assigned a time to swim based on your practice group. If your time does not work, we will help schedule a make-up swim.
- Swimmers can only bring one person, wearing a mask, to cheer them on and count their lengths.
- We will not award trophies to those completing the most lengths per age group. But we will offer prizes to all participants (see below).