To all Secondary Northland Families,
I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you how glad I am that you have chosen Northland Christian for your son's and daughter's education. I believe God has something special in store for the students and faculty here at Northland Christian this year and I am excited to be a part of it. I wanted to get some of this information out for you to look over and familiarize yourself as you plan for the beginning of school on August 15.
>> Drop-off and Pick-up
- Students are to be dropped off and picked up in the carpool line in front of Buildings 6 & 7.
- DO NOT use Sylvanfield outside the gate for drop off or pick up--it is dangerous. We do not have traffic control/school zone signs or signals on the street.
- At no time should a student exit through the gate or through building 1 or 2 to Sylvanfield to be picked up.
- Students should not enter the campus through Building 1.
- All tardy students must check in with Student Services in Building 7 to obtain a pass to class. Teachers will not accept a late student into class without a pass from Student Services.
>> Closed campus
- Parents, if you must drop something off for your child, you must come to the Student Services office in Building 7. Use the visitor spots in the student parking lot.
- If you are volunteering for something during the school day, you must be checked in at Student Services. Please be prepared to show your driver's license to receive your visitor's badge. Visitor's badges should be returned prior to leaving campus.
- If you are coming on campus during school hours you must enter at the student parking lot where the guard is posted at the gate.
- At no time from 7:30-3:20 is it appropriate or allowed for you to be on campus without a visitor check-in.
- Thank you for your help in keeping our campus secure.
>> Attendance and Tardies
- If the student is not in attendance a minimum of 90 percent of the semester's days, he/she may not receive credit for the semester's work.
- Students will receive Sanctions for every 3rd tardy to one class.
- Steps to Follow When Absent:
- Parent or guardian should phone NCS to inform the Student Services secretary of the absence.
- Parent or guardian must write an excuse giving name, date, and day(s) of absence, reason for absence, and his/her signature.
- Student must present his/her excuse to the Student Services secretary on the day of his/her return. Excuses not presented within three (3) school days will result in the assignment of an unexcused absence.
- Student must accept responsibility for obtaining make-up work from teachers.
>> Extended Care:
- All middle school and high school students on campus after 4:00 p.m. who are not involved in a coach/teacher sponsored after-school activity must report to Extended Care.
- Northland offers extended care from 3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. daily at the Secondary Campus.
- Students will be asked to sign in at Extended Care and will be signed out when you pick them up. Location varies, please see activities calendar.
- The cost for Extended Care is $15 per day--whether they stay 15 minutes or 3 hours.
- We will ask students who are on campus after 4:00 p.m. to either leave campus or report to Extended Care.
- Your Renweb account will be charged the appropriate fee.
>> Cougar Store:
- As many of you know, the hours of the Cougar Store have changed. The new hours can be found on the Northland Activities Calendar and they are listed below for your convenience.
- The Cougar Store is offering snack foods and will be open the first 10 minutes of the lunch periods.
- All students are supposed to eat lunch in the cafeteria during their designated lunch period.
- Lunch needs to be brought from home or ordered from Healthy Lunchbox.
>> The Cougar Store hours are:
- Monday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Thursday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- You can also make an appointment with the Cougar Store Manager, Melanie Owens by phone (281-587-6417) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you so very much for your attention to these matters. Go, Cougs!