Date: 24 March, 2020
To: Village of Maple Bluff Residents
From: Tanner Nystrom, Village Administrator / Chief of Police
Subject: COVID-19 Preparedness & Response Update for the Village of Maple Bluff
– The administrative office and Village Center will be closed until further notice. We will continue to provide all essential services (i.e. absentee voting, garbage collection, water and sewer utilities, police protection, as well as fire and EMS service) and you can make an appointment by calling (608) 244-3048 should you have a need for in-person assistance.
– Maple Bluff Voters: Stay home and vote absentee! We strongly urge you to request a ballot be mailed to you for the April 7
to request an absentee ballot. If you have questions or experience problems, please call our Deputy Administrator and Village Clerk Sarah Danz at (608) 230-7651; or email her at
Open Meetings Access
– In accordance with state guidance, we will continue to hold open meetings by providing the public with remote access to our board and committee activities. Our board and committee meetings will continue as scheduled unless otherwise posted. We will provide the information necessary to access those meetings through agendas posted on community notice-boards.
Parks Open / Playgrounds and Buildings Closed
– All of our community parks are open for use by the public as long as the activities conducted are in accordance with social distancing recommendations. All playgrounds are closed. We have also temporarily removed public access to the Daily Cabin and Beach House. We will make a public notification when restrictions are lifted and appreciate your patience.
Municipal Court Cancelled for April
– Maple Bluff Municipal Court proceedings for April are cancelled. Appearances that were scheduled for April will be rescheduled and court staff will attempt to contact all individuals impacted by this change.
– We compiled a list of approximately 15 residents who are interested in volunteering should the need arise in our community – Thank you all for your willingness to serve! If you have an interest in serving outside of Maple Bluff right now, the United Way is organizing volunteer opportunities. You can find specific opportunities at
or contact Morghan Vélez (
) for more information.
Small Business Resources
– The Small Business Association provides low-interest disaster loans to help businesses and homeowners recover from declared disasters. The disaster loan application portal (
) is open to all Wisconsin businesses. A recent press release from Governor Evers provides a great deal of information on the process and the assistance available to business owners in our community (
Thank you all again for your support - We continue to provide the best services possible despite challenges and are committed to our great community! We look forward to the coming weeks as we get to see the onset of spring and enjoy more outdoor activities with you – like walking, running, and other social distancing compliant activities! Stay safe and healthy.
Tanner A. Nystrom
Administrator / Chief of Police
Village of Maple Bluff
18 Oxford Place
Madison, WI. 53704
Work: (608) 244-3048
Desk: (608) 230-7654