Welcome to the Class of 2024
Thursday, August 20th 8:00 am - 3:00 pm:
Report to the Sr. Michelle Germanson Athletic Facility
Friday, August 21st 8:00 am – 11:00 am:
Report to your Indoor Lunch Circle location**
**will be assigned on Thursday, 8/20/20
Orientation is designed to provide new students with the tools they need for a successful first year of high school. It is an opportunity to become familiar with various aspects of the Trinity community and student life. Members of the class of 2024 will be guided through orientation by our Mazzuchelli Mentors, who like our founder, Fr. Samuel Mazzuchelli, strive to “make school like home”.
Safety is a top priority for the faculty, staff and Administration in the planning of Orientation for the class of 2024. All CDC, IDPH and Illinois State Board of Education recommendations will be followed throughout the duration of the Orientation Programming. Students will not gather in groups of more than 50, they will be required to be masked at all times (aside from when eating) and they will maintain 6 feet of social distance from other members of our community.
** Students who have opted for Block 1 Full Remote Learning are welcome to join us in person for Orientation on Thursday, August 20th or Friday, August 21st. Should you choose not to come, each of the sessions will be recorded and shared with all members of the Class of 2024 by Saturday, August 22nd at noon for viewing/reviewing.
Highlights of the Orientation Schedule for
Thursday, August 20th:
- a review of health and safety protocols
- an introduction to Academic life/expectations at Trinity High School
- an informational session on getting involved in co-curricular activities and on the central place that campus ministry and our Sinsinawa Dominican heritage features in a Trinity education
- a review of each student’s schedule and tips on how to maneuver through the building each day
- an introduction to eLearning student expectations
- a review of the Wednesday remote learning schedule
- a lunch circle assignment
- a campus tour in small groups led by Mazzuchelli Mentors
- a visit with the Dean of Students to review expectations for conduct/attendance/academic integrity and a review of the consequences in place for when students fall short of the high expectations we have in place for them academically, socially, spiritually and emotionally.
- a presentation from our Student Services Department and an explanation of the role/purpose of a High School Guidance Counselor
- a “Tech Check” to ensure that all students can access wireless internet and log into their school Google Suite account.
- distribution of Schedules with Room numbers and Instructors
- distribution of Captain’s Crew Captain Blazer Spirit Shirts (free of charge)
- photographs for student ID cards
a boxed lunch will be provided for all, the lunches will include a sandwich and sides, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have dietary restrictions and/or food allergies to discuss available menu options.
What to bring:
- fully charged student laptop/Chromebook
- backpack for your personal belongings
- a notebook
- refillable water bottle with leak proof cap
- *Please consider packing your own lunch if you do not want to choose from an assortment of sandwich boxed lunches
What to wear to Orientation on Thursday, August 20th:
Students are permitted to wear…
Top: a Trinity shirt or a plain navy/white t-shirt
Bottom: Shorts, Pants, Jeans, Athletic Sweats/yoga pants or Skirt (no ripped pants/shorts or short shorts/skirts)
Shoes: Gym Shoes/Boat Shoes (enclosed toe and covered back), no sandals or flip flops are permitted
Of Note: Students are welcome to wear their Schoolbelles issued Trinity uniform skirts and polos/oxford shirts but the hallways will be warm (especially when masked) and we will be having lunch in small lunch circles on the lawn (it can be more comfortable for students to be out of uniform).
Highlights of the Orientation Schedule for
Friday, August 21st:
- a short run through of the Block I bell schedule and a visit to each Block I classroom/teacher
- a Q&A Panel with the Mazzuchelli Mentors
Students should report to their indoor lunch circle location by 8:10 am on 8/21/20, students will learn their lunch circle location on Thursday, August 20th.
ENTRY to the Building/Assigned Doorway Check Point/Symptom Checker/Temp Checks:
Students will enter the building on 8/21/20 through what will be their assigned Morning/Temp Check Entry Point for Block 1 (August 24-Oct 29th) and will proceed to their indoor lunch circle location for attendance.
- More information about Symptom Checks will be provided to families soon!
What to wear on Friday, August 21st: Students should wear their Captain Blazer T-Shirt (it will be distributed to all students on August 20th) and comfortable shorts, jeans or leggings with gym shoes. No open toed shoes, no backless shoes or short shorts should be worn.