July 2, 2020
Dear Class of 2020 Graduates & Families:
Springfield Public Schools looks forward to
with you at JQH Arena, located at 685 S. John Q. Hammons Parkway, on the campus of Missouri State University. We are pleased to confirm the date and time for each high school ceremony, along with other important details.
- Parkview High School - 12 p.m.
- Hillcrest High School - 4 p.m.
- Glendale High School - 8 p.m
- Kickapoo High School - 3 p.m.
- Central High School - 7 p.m.
We are committed to honoring your outstanding achievements and to working in collaboration with the Springfield-Greene County Health Department and Missouri State University to implement the following
health and wellness guidelines
for the safety of our graduates and guests.
- To limit the crowd size and adhere to seating capacity limits, each graduate will be provided up to 8 tickets for guests. Next week, each high school principal will send information by email regarding how and when to pick up tickets.
- Live streaming will be provided during each graduation ceremony to ensure that family and friends, who are unable to attend in person, are able to participate virtually. A DVD and digital download of the ceremony will be available for purchase.
- Graduates will report to Hammons Student Center, adjacent to the JQH Arena, one hour before commencement, to line up and receive instructions.
- Graduates will be required to wear a face mask at all times, with only two exceptions: their individual photo and diploma presentation. Springfield Public Schools will provide the mask for each graduate.
- Guests are asked to sit together in family units and are encouraged to wear face masks. Seating will not be assigned; however, some seating will be restricted in order to promote social distancing.
Immediately following commencement on August 6 and 7,
will be hosted in each high school gymnasium (Parkview at 2:30 p.m.; Hillcrest at 6:30 p.m.; Glendale at 10:00 p.m.; Kickapoo at 5:30 p.m.; and Central at 9:30 p.m.). This celebration at school will include prizes for graduates. Face masks and social distancing will be encouraged. The event will last approximately one hour and additional details will be provided by each high school.
We look forward to seeing you on August 6 and 7. In the meantime, please watch for an
email next week from your high school principal
with information about ticket distribution and other details.
Congratulations to the Class of 2020!