If a nominating committee was elected at an association meeting:
Nominating chair presents the slate of nominees.
The president then rereads the report and asks each nominee to rise. With each position, the president also asks,
- "According to our bylaws, nominations from the floor are now in order. For president, ______________ is nominated. Are there further nominations from the floor?"
If an office has no candidate, for that position, the president would say instead,
- "According to our bylaws, nominations from the floor are now in order. For president, there is no candidate. Is there a nomination from the floor?"
If the nominating committee was NOT elected at an
- ALL nominations must come from the floor.
- If there are no nominations from the floor, a voice vote can be held for those positions.
- If there is a nomination from the floor for a position, then a ballot vote must be held for that position.