As you are aware, occurrences of COVID-19 (also referred to as the Coronavirus) have increased in our region and in different areas across the United States.
Mission College and the District are coordinating with both the Department of Public Health and with the state chancellor’s office for the latest information and appropriate responses.
At this time, we are not canceling classes or closing the campus.
Some guidelines for staying healthy:
- Get a flu shot. While it will not prevent the coronavirus, influenza is currently in widespread circulation in California, and initial symptoms can be similar to novel coronavirus. You can contact the Student Health Center to receive a flu shot.
- If you are sick, stay home. See a health care provider or talk to our Student Health Center for advice.
- Inform your instructors if you are going to be out for an extended period of time.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Don’t share food and drinks.
- If you can, avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
This guidance could change at any time, and we will update you as conditions change.
Again, your health and safety is of utmost importance to all of us.