KCHP Board Nominations for 2024 - 2025
It’s time to submit nominations for the KCHP Board positions up for re-election this year! Those positions include:
- Technician Representative
- District I Director
- District III Director
Position descriptions can be found below. For more information, please feel free to contact the KCHP Board member currently holding the position. See who they are by clicking here.
The President-Elect position is intended to provide a preparatory year to assume the role of President the following year. The President-Elect assists the President and fills when needed as outlined in the Bylaws.
The President-Elect serves a one (1) year term to be followed by a one-year term as President, then a one-year term as Immediate-Past President.
- Assume the office of President at the expiration of the president’s term or earlier if the office becomes vacant for any reason
- Collaborate with the President throughout the year to prepare for Presidential term
- Coordinate quarterly performance evaluation of management company
- Attend ASHP Presidential Officer Retreat
- Serve as Board Liaison to assigned committee(s) or task force(s)
The Technician Representative serves a two (2) year term.
Responsibilities of Position
- Serve as Chair or Co-Chair of KCHP Technician Conference
- Serve as technician representative for the KCHP Rural Health Summit Committee (may nominate technician member to fill this role)
- Serve as technician representative for the KCHP Annual Spring Meeting Committee (may nominate technician member to fill this role)
- Consider involvement on ASHP Technician Forum
- Coordinate annual survey to KCHP Technician Members to advance education and networking opportunities based on desired need
District I and III Director
The District Directors are officers of the KCHP Board of Directors who represent one of three districts for the state of Kansas, with each district representing a specific geographical area as outlined in the bylaws. The Directors serve as a representative on the KCHP Board of Directors for the members in each specific district.
The District Director serves a two (2) year term.
Barber, Barton, Butler, Chase, Chautauqua, Cheyenne, Clark, Clay, Cloud, Comanche, Cowley, Decatur, Dickinson, Edwards, Elk, Ellis, Ellsworth, Finney, Ford, Geary, Gove, Graham, Grant, Gray, Greeley, Greenwood, Hamilton, Harper, Harvey, Haskell, Hodgeman, Jewell, Kearny, Kingman, Kiowa, Lane, Lincoln, Logan, Lyon, Marion, Marshall, McPherson, Meade, Mitchell, Morris, Morton, Ness, Norton, Osborne, Ottawa, Pawnee, Phillips, Pottawatomie, Pratt, Rawlins, Reno, Republic, Rice, Riley, Rooks, Rush, Russell, Saline, Scott, Sedgwick, Seward, Sheridan, Sherman, Smith, Stafford, Stanton, Stevens, Sumner, Thomas, Trego, Wabaunsee, Wallace, Washington, and Wichita counties.
Johnson, Leavenworth, Miami, and Wyandotte counties.
- Serve as a voting member of the KCHP Board of Directors
- Attend monthly board meetings, via conference call or in-person, and other events as appropriate
- Maintain accurate membership lists for specified district, in conjunction with management company
- Develop relationships with members of districts, through welcome letters, district events, or other activities, as appropriate
- Serve as a representative of each specific district on Board of Directors
- Provide education to district members regarding board activities or other educational opportunities, as necessary
- Work on KCHP board strategic priorities, as necessary, to aid in improving and advancing the organization and pharmacy practice in Kansas
Nominations due February 15, 2024.