Being Physically Active Has Many Health Benefits
There is no question that people who are physically active are healthier and happier. The American Heart Association recommends at least 150 minutes of activity each week. Now is the time to start your exercise plan, and to encourage you, here are a few benefits you will get from an active life style:
- You will sleep better. Working out for just twenty to thirty minutes on a daily basis will enable you to increase the amount of quality sleep you get on a nightly basis.
- General health. Physical activity controls, and even prevents, some risk factors for heart disease, such as high cholesterol, diabetes, and hypertension.
- Brain health. Physical activity helps maintain brain function in older adults.
- Weight control. Physical activity raises your metabolism and helps you lose weight more easily, especially when combined with healthy eating.
- Reduced mortality risk. One study showed that adults who watch more than 4 hours of television a day had a 46% increased risk of death from any cause, and an 80% increased risk of death from cardiovascular disease. Source www.herat.org.
- Increased strength. Regular activity increases your stamina and ability to recover from illness.
- Mental health. People who are active have fewer mental health issues.
People of all ages can improve the quality of their lives and reduce the risks of heart disease, hypertension, with ongoing participation in moderate physical activity and exercise. Daily exercise will also enhance one's mental well-being and health throughout life.
What Kind of insurance Do You Really Need When Renting A Car?
More rental cars will be rented between June and September than any other time of the year. When you get to the car rental desk, you are asked the question, "Do you want the insurance?" Too many travelers do not know if they need additional coverage or not, and buying the rental car insurance can add hundreds of dollars to your bill. Auto insurance policies differ, but the most important thing is to make sure that you are covered.
Collison Damage Waiver
When you are determining whether to purchase a damage waiver, there are two key considerations: (1) whether you are already covered by existing insurance and, if not, (2) if the benefit of having a damage waiver is worth the cost
The CDW is sold by the rental car company and only applies to rented vehicles. This limits the rental car company from attempting to collect (from you) for any damage to the rented vehicle
We recommend that you call our office to verify that you have the correct coverage.
Rental Car Insurance
- Always check your current auto insurance policy before you rent a car, to see what coverage you may already have that extends to a rental car.
- If you carry comprehensive and liability coverage on your personal car, coverage will extend to your rental car. Usually, if you're renting a car of similar value to your personal car, in all likelihood the insurance coverage will be adequate for the rental.
- If you're not currently insured with an auto policy, you'll need to at least buy coverage from the rental company before you hit the road.
- Auto liability limit requirement may vary from state to state; if you buy minimum limits of coverage you may not have enough coverage in the state in which you rent your vehicle.
- If you are only insured under a commercial auto policy, you will want to purchase the extra coverage.
- If you are driving abroad (apart from Canada), your current car insurance won't cover you.
1503 NE 78th St Ste. 1A 98665
P 360.883.5776 F1.360.285.6000
12604 SE Stark St Portland OR 97233
P 503.382.9091 F 503.808.1118