Dear Colleagues and Friends,
With the 2024 Legislative Session fast approaching, the second committee week, with only the Senate holding committee meetings, will commence today, October 10. I will continue to provide weekly updates during committee weeks to keep you informed about the key bills and committee meetings that may have an impact on your business interests in Florida.
If you would like more information, please contact me.
Senate Committee Meetings Scheduled for Today
Four Senate subcommittees are scheduled to meet today to receive presentations on various topics.
- The Senate Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security will receive presentations from the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Commerce.
- The Senate Banking and Insurance Committee will discuss the continuing insurance crisis with Citizens Property Insurance and the Office of Insurance Regulation.
- The Senate Criminal Justice Committee will have a panel discussion on the Regina B. Shearn Corrections Transition Program.
- The Senate Education K-12 Committee will hear from the Department of Education on recommended cut scores for assessments aligned to the Benchmarks for Excellent Student Thinking (B.E.S.T.) Standards.
Appropriations Committees Meetings
Scheduled for Tomorrow
Funding will be the focus of committee meetings tomorrow.
- The Appropriations Committees on Health and Human Services will discuss Medicaid redetermination and Florida KidCare.
- The Appropriations Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice will be reviewing issues related to the Department of Corrections.
- The full Appropriations Committee will receive a presentation on the Long-Range Financial Outlook of the state from the Office of Economic and Demographic Research.
Interim Committee Weeks Continue Next Month
Both chambers are expected to return to the Capitol next week for further committee meetings.