Soufriere Comprehensive Secondary School Emerges CISCO Champions for yet Another Year.
After months of preparation, six secondary schools from across the island battled it out on Friday 15
th June 2018 for the Chefs in Schools Culinary Competition Championship. The competition was hosted at the Ciceron Secondary School, and was judged by Chef Orlando Satchell, Chef Refer Leonce, Chef Nicodemus Joseph, Chef Peter Lawrence and Chef Niguel Gerald. The schools participating in this year’s competition were:
- Ciceron Secondary School
- Castries Comprehensive Secondary School
- Soufriere Comprehensive Secondary School
- Entrepot Secondary School
- Vieux Fort Comprehensive Secondary School
- Micoud Secondary School
The Tourism Enhancement Fund expresses profound gratitude to the following Chefs and their Hotels for training the students for this year's competition:
- Chef Clayton Julian & Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Chef Mario Martial & Royalton Resort Saint Lucia
- Chef Michael Grey & Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
- Chef Frank Faucher & Anse Chastanet Hotel
- Chef Edna Butcher & Cap Maison
- Chef Shervin Eleuthere & Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Major Sponsors included the SLHTA’s Tourism Enhancement Fund, CPJ Saint Lucia Ltd, RJB Hotel Supplies, Courts St. Lucia Ltd and Bank of Saint Lucia.
After two rounds of an exciting and heated cook off, Soufriere Comprehensive Secondary School emerged victorious for yet another year. The team was assigned to Chef Frank Faucher of Anse Chastanet Hotel in Soufriere, who was responsible for training the students over a three week period before the competition. This is the 3
rd year the school has emerged winners of the Chefs in Schools Cook Off (CISCO) Competition, including CISCO 2014, 2015 and now this years’ CISCO 2018.
Through the TEF’s Apprenticeship programme, the students will continue training at Anse Chastanet Hotel over the summer to prepare for the regional competition in Barbados on August 13
th – 20
The Tourism Enhancement Fund Staff and Board of Trustees would like to Congratulate Team Soufriere Comprehensive Secondary School on their victory, and all the best for the Caribbean Junior Culinary Conference in Barbados in August.