ALENTADO TRAINING CONSULTANTS PRESENTS
Intro to Survival Spanish for Law Enforcement Level I & II Non Grammar
May 6-10, 2019
Chester County Dept. of Emergency Services,
137 Modena Rd. Coatesville, PA. 19320
This course is designed to take officers with little or no knowledge of the Spanish language and have them complete a preliminary police report, citation or booking report using a method developed and validated! Also, your personnel, will be able to affect an arrest, traffic stop and high risk traffic stop in a practical exercise. Additionally, this program will familiarize your personnel with “street Spanish” in an effort to reduce danger and better prepare your, officers for criminal investigations. Culture and customs will be discussed to minimize misunderstandings and somewhat predict some behavioral patterns by Latinos.
- Develop an ability to identify Spanish letters (alphabet) in order to obtain accurate Latino names.
- Also, rules of pronunciation will be covered to assist non-Spanish speakers with letter(s) sound(s) as well as easy to follow rules of sentence structure.
- Interviewing: “Breaking the Ice”, Legal Cases, and Latino Cultural Information. Including how to be an active participant even when the interviewing officer knows little or no Spanish. (Including Latino Surname makeup)
- The participant will be able to conduct a traffic stop, a high risk traffic stop and affect an arrest using short phrases and words to reduce your agency’s liability. (Based on validation study)
- Precautionary, imminent danger, drug and weapon terminology both literal and slang to increase officer safety.
- Furthermore, officers will be shown how to use these words and phrases in an interview.
- Accident, DWI preliminary questions, how to perform, recite and defend FST’s.
- Preliminary criminal offense report and personal information gathering techniques in order to obtain accurate information using our unique method developed for officers with little knowledge of Spanish language
- Hands-on practical exercises
All of our Instructors are current or past law enforcement officers to lend credibility to the
program and audience. All Students will receive a law enforcement specific book, and access to 3rd party apps for audio and visual practice! Space is limited!
For additional information contact Andrea@AlentadoTC.com