With Virginia Governor Ralph Northam’s recent announcement of plans to accelerate the pace of COVID-19 vaccines across the Commonwealth, many questions are plaguing employers - Can or should I mandate COVID-19 vaccines for all employees? What are the legal risks if employees refuse to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a religious belief? Is my business ready to address these issues?
Our discussion will cover the following topics:
- Latest plans in Richmond and northern Virginia for COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccines -- the good, bad, and ugly for employers
- ADA reasonable accommodations for employee medical conditions
- Title VII concerns for employees with sincerely held religious beliefs
- COVID-19 vaccines and compliance with Virginia workplace safety regulations