- Do you know of someone in your local church who has the kind of professional background, expertise, spiritual maturity, and commitment that we need on this Nominating Committee? Invite them to apply, forward this email and link to the application to them today!
- Pray for a vibrant, substantial pool of applicants, both Laity and Clergy, from which to appoint five persons to serve on the Moderator Nominating Committee. We need your support!
Our goal is to implement the following process
to appoint five (5) persons no later than 5 May 2018:
- Call for Applications - 9 April 2018
- Application due date: 5:00 pm (GMT -04:00, US Eastern time) Sunday, 23 April 2018
- The Governance Committee will review all applications received.
- The Governance Committee will review applicants and conduct interviews.
- The Governance Committee will select and appoint five (5) candidates to serve on the Moderator Nominating Committee.
- The Governance Committee will send out an announcement to introduce the new Moderator Nominating Committee no later than 7 May 2018
- Moderator Nominating Committee will begin work on or about (depending on schedules) 29 May 2018.
We deeply appreciate your discernment and participation in this process!
The MCC Governance Committee
Rev. Victoria Burson, Chair
Rev. Jakob Hero-Shaw
Rev. Mel Martinez
Rev. Lori McPherson
Rev. Carolyn Mobley-Bowie
Rev. Miak Siew
Rev. Doretha Williams-Flournoy
Rev. Onetta Brooks, Consultant
Elisa Vega-Burns, Consultant
Jack Hutter, Administrative Support
Janine McCarthy, Communications