- How long have you been with TCF?
14 years, founding member.
- When did you start dancing tango?
- When did you start leading tango?
1995 (sort of, I immediately realized it would be too hard to do both roles at the same time! I started to lead more so when I started teaching in 1996.
- What is your role in TCF?
- What do you hope TCF will develop and experience in the next couple of years?
More of the joy of lead/follow exchange….there is just nothing like it! I was to spread lead/follow exchange to all that appreciate it, thru inspiring performances and great classes, so there will be more partners to share it with in the future.
- What are you most excited about for the Europe 2018 Tour?
Being part of Astrid’s QueerTango Festival Berlin…TCF was invited for several years but we could never afford to bring the company to Berlin on top of other commitments to bring the company to Buenos Aires so I am glad we are making it happen this year.
- What ways can the community help assist TCF and the 2018 Euro Tour?
Donations of airlines miles are VERY helpful. It is a wonderful gift to find someone who happens to have a lot of unused miles who is willing to donate a ticket or 2 to us. Cash donations are always appreciated as well.
- What is your favorite tango song right now?
As much as I love traditional Tango music I really enjoy finding a good alternative song to dance Tango to. Some of my favorites of the last year are Make it Rain by Ed Sheehan, Love on the Brain by Rihanna, Alas de Tango by María Estela Monti, León Gieco, Close by Nick Jonas and my latest is Perfect by Ed Shearan (great because it has the timing of Argentine Vals!).
- When are you performing again?
My next performance with TCF will be on Feb 25th at the “Day with TCF” at Alma del Tango and then on Apr 28th with Redwood Tango Ensemble in Pacifica which will be a very special concert with some very talented musicians.