The CELT Course Design Institute (CDI) gives Iowa State University’s instructors skills, time, and space for designing or substantially revising their courses. CDI resources and discussions explore the concepts of backward and accessible course design, assessments, and activities. Instructor participants will re-design at least two modules in their Canvas course using the new ISU Canvas course template.
Participants must also complete other Canvas assignments and activities to receive a $500 professional development stipend. All participants will receive feedback and instructional design assistance throughout CDI.
- Attend four synchronous online meetings: January 3rd, 4th, 10th and 11th, from 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Engage in an online asynchronous course from December 11th – February 2nd
- Redesign at least two Canvas modules using the ISU Canvas course template
- Meet with CELT team members for consultation and as-needed support
- Complete Canvas activities, assignments, and quizzes
- Complete a Quality Matters self-review
Please review the CDI Winter 2024 MOU and complete the CDI Winter 2024 Registration Form (Microsoft Forms) to participate.
The form will open on October 26th and close on November 15th.
Participants will be notified of acceptance and added to the Canvas course by December 1st.