- make sure your students understand what you expect of them for the school year
– practice the rules and procedures of the classroom, be consistent with consequences and rewards
– take the time to get know your students and your students you and each other, creating a positive classroom environment
– communicate with parents on regular basis, sharing the positives and when necessary concerns you have for their child
– use a variety of ways to present materials to kids so all students can be successful in the classroom
– get parents involved your classroom to help organize events, volunteer, etc.
– be organized and planned for your day having all materials ready and put together in the location that you will be delivery the lesson
Set class goals
– make a list of goals that you want to accomplish as a class and when goals are reached reward your students and give them positive feedback
Sense of humor
– remember to keep your sense humor and make learning fun and engaging for your students!
Tips for students and parents...click the link!