In my fifteen years of doing live blood cell analysis testing I've found that the biggest benefit to my client's health comes from healing and repairing their intestinal lining. When waste and pathogens leak into your blood from your intestines havoc is created for your immune system, your liver is overwhelmed and becomes less efficient and symptoms such as fatigue, pain, headaches and inability to concentrate increase exponentially. In addition any program you are utilizing to balance your hormones, improve your memory, clear up your blood vessels, reduce inflammation, etc. will be compromised and be far less effective.
In the following newsletter and video blog I review what is meant by "leaky gut", its causes, how to access it and how to fix it.
James Jordan, JD, CNC
Create Vibrant Health
Leaky Gut Syndrome
|Leaky Gut Syndrome how to access and fix it|
Leaky gut syndrome results from damaging the cells of the small intestine so that the spaces between them become larger and allow incompletely digested food molecules and 'waste' particles to pass through. Many things can damage these cells, causing or aggravating leaky gut syndrome. Below are the most common causes:
1. Antibiotics - destroy beneficial flora and allow candida to overgrow damaging intestinal wall
2. NSAIDS-non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (e.g., aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen)
3. High sugar diet - feeds candida and parasites which damage gut lining.
4. Processed foods, chemical additives, food colorings, artificial sweetners are all toxic to
5. Soda pop - both the sugar or artificial sweetners and phosphoric acid damage intestines.
6. Gluten grains - gluten, a protein found in wheat, barely, oats and rye, is indigestible for many people unless sprouted - this protein can damage the intestinal villi in the intestines which then inhibits digestion of nutrients and trigger an autoimmune response to the gluten causing
inflammation throughout the body.
7. Parasites, bacteria, molds, mycotoxins and candida - low HCL levels, weak immunity, high sugar diet, antibiotics, nuts/seeds with mold on them all contribute to pathogen load in
8. Nutrient deficiencies: beneficial bacteria such as acidophilus and bifidus, zinc, B 6, Vitamin A, and the amino acid L-Glutamine.
Common health problems that are primarily or substantially caused by leaky gut syndrome and the corresponding toxicity and nutrient deficiencies resulting from the condition include:
- Autoimmune condition
- Skin problems
- Indigestion, IBS and other intestinal problems
- Chronic Fatigue
- Poor memory and ability to concentrate
- Brain fatigue
- Recurrent infections
- GI symptoms including: excessive bloating, constipation, indigestion, diarrhea
- Liver dysfunction
- Symptoms of nutrient deficiencies including: brittle nails, hair loss, lowered immunity, muscle loss, weight gain, hormone imbalances
- Muscle pain
- Intestinal Barrier Function test : Saliva test Measure antibody response to: Candida, aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, and dietary proteins. Cost: $350
- Live Blood Cell Analysis: visual inspection on Living Blood sees bowel waste in blood. Cost: $90.
Recommendations to correct condition include:
- Dietary restrictions depend on severity of condition. Generally avoid: sugar, processed foods, sodas, artificial sweetners, GMO tainted foods, gluten grains, processed dairy other than yogurt.
- Diet will focus on: high quality organic, naturally raised protein sources such as meat, poultry, fish and eggs; legumes, vegetables, non-gluten grains, low-glycemic fruits (pears, apples, berries), soaked raw nuts and seeds, high quality live culture yogurt, fermented foods (saurekraut, kefir), Bone broths and soups, high quality fats such as coconut and olive oil, organic/grass-fed butter, pure water with lemon added. As conditions improve food options increase.
- Clearing Candida, Parasites other pathogens with non-toxic therapies including: probiotics, herbs, homeopathic remedies.
- Intestinal restorative program includes; probiotics. Digestive enzymes taken with meals,Vitamin A, Chlorophyl richfoods, Aloe vera gel and colostrum. Slippery Elm, MarshmallowRoot, and amino acids - L-glutamine, and N-acetyl-glucosamine (NAG) are all very helpful.
- Alternatives to sugar: Raw honey, Stevia (whole leaf) are the best options.
For the past six years I have successfully used a cell-wall lysed probiotic, Cyto Flora, to cover both #3 and #4 above. The standard adult dose is 3-5 dropperfuls 2 x day on an empty stomach. In the vast majority of the cases if dietary guidelines are followed taking Cyto flora will clear leaky gut toxins from Live blood evaluations in 1-2 months. Study on Cyto flora's effect on leaky gut markers
I hope this information has been helpful. Please feel free to email or call me with questions or feedback on this newsletter/video clip.
To your health,
James Jordan, CNC, JD
4 oz. Cyto flora
$87.00 plus shipping