What do 160 companies across Canada have in common? Large and small, century-old and brand-new, big-city and small-town, in every line of business imaginable, they were all sponsors of Steps for Life-Walking for Families of Workplace Tragedy in 2019.
That’s 160 businesses and organizations that all share a passion for safety and a concern for families affected by workplace tragedy. Many companies come back year after year, and new ones join their ranks, thanks to the volunteers who pound the pavement to secure sponsorships in every community.
Thank you, sponsors, for making a difference!
- Community Champions ($2,000 sponsorship) – Prints one issue of our quarterly newsletter Threads, distributed to family members, supporters, government and corporate partners. Threads offers family members a chance to share their story and learn about grief and healing, and about Threads of Life programs and events.
- Community Leaders ($1,500 sponsorship) – Allows one family member to travel to attend training for the Threads of Life speakers bureau. Threads of Life speakers deliver a powerful message about health and safety at conferences, safety meetings and schools – because they know all too well the consequences when something goes wrong at work.
- Community Supporters ($1,000 sponsorship) – Provides meals and accommodations for two family members to attend a family forum. Threads of Life family forums are where people affected by workplace tragedies gather to heal and to discover they’re not alone.
- Community Advocate ($500 sponsorship) – Rents a venue and provides materials for one community peer support group. Peer groups are safe spaces where those grieving a work-related tragedy can connect with others and learn to live with their loss.
- Stepping Forward ($250 sponsorship) – Covers the cost of one month’s phone bills so that Threads of Life staff can respond when families reach out for help.
For further sponsorship opportunities visit our website or call 888-567-9490.