What is Sandypalooza?
Sandypalooza is a weekend for our campers to work together in keeping with the glorious Sandy Spirit! Each May, the Sandy community comes together to maintain the island’s beauty, preserve the timelessness of camp and strengthen our community relationships.
What do we do?
Sandypalooza is a work weekend. With projects ranging from clearing trails to opening the craftshop, there are opportunities for campers of all ages to help get ready for an amazing 2022 season. Typical projects include painting, raking, splitting wood and… dishes! Campers will receive their shift assignments in advance of arriving to help plan ahead for the weekend.
What else do I need to know?
Expect to volunteer for at least two of three shifts: Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. Expect several favorite Sandy traditions: a campfire and s’mores on Friday evening and (of course!) a Sandy dance on Saturday evening. Your $45 registration fee will help cover dining, staffing expenses and T-shirts. Registration fee applies to all campers over 13 years old. Volunteers taking on the role of "Project Champion" will be eligible for a 100% credit of their registration fees. Anyone interested in becoming a Project Champion should email Angelo Firenze at email@example.com
How will younger campers be able to participate?
Children under 13 years old are welcome, with the understanding that this weekend focuses on work and stewardship. We plan to have adults leading kid-friendly activities for children between 6 and 13 years old on Saturday morning.
When is it?
May 20 - May 22, 2022! Catch the Big Sandy from North Woods on Friday, May 20th at 2:00, 5:00, 7:00 or 8:00 and return to the mainland after lunch on Sunday, May 22nd at 1:00, 2:00, or 3:00.
The magic of Sandy doesn’t happen without hard work and commitment.
Thank you for giving back to our community.
This process is a little clunky so please bear with us :)
- Click the Registration Link above
- Log in to your campminder account or create a new one if you've never registered for a session at Sandy Island
- Select the 2022 Season (should be pre selected)
- Confirm information and agree to terms on Section 1 of the application
- Confirm participants on section 2 of the application
- On Section 3 Select "Sandy Island Sandypalooza", "Show Sessions", and click the checkbox next to Sandy Island Sandypalooza, and the check boxes confirming the tuition.
- Complete application sections 5-8. These are standard sections which you may have previously filled out for your session at camp.
Keep an Eye on Your Email:
Further information will be provided to registered volunteers prior to the event.