Good Morning Upper School Families,
I am amazed that we start school on Tuesday! I am insanely excited to have students back in the building, and of course to welcome our off-campus kids back to school as well. Below, please find important information for our first week back.
- Tomorrow, August 24th from 12:30-2:00 pm is our new student orientation. All incoming 9th graders, plus all 10th, 11th, and 12th graders new to Roycemore must attend. On-Campus students should plan to arrive at school between 12:15-12:30, and come to the Library. Off-Campus students-a Zoom link has been shared for you to join us as well. Sadly, this year parents cannot join us, but the information was shared with you at our New Parent Dinner last week.
Tuesday, August 25th is the first day of school. The day begins at 8:30 and ends at 3:30. I encourage students to arrive early that day in order to get their schedules, set up their lockers, and reconnect with their peers.
- When you arrive for the first day, please go to the following rooms: 9th grade - room 235; 10th grade - room 233; 11th grade - room 237; 12th grade - room 232. Teachers there will have hard copies of your schedules and your locker assignments and combinations ready for you.
- A reminder from the front office: if you have not yet turned in any required medical forms, please get those in ASAP.
- Our hours of operation remain the same. The building will be accessible to students daily from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm. For their safety, please do not have students arrive at school prior to 7:30, as they will not be able to enter the building and there will be no supervision available.
- This is the first weekly newsletter of the year. The newsletter will typically come to you every Sunday morning.
- A reminder to bring plenty of face masks, a camping chair, and headphones/earbuds. **Each student should also bring brown paper bag to store their masks in when they remove them for lunch.
- On the first day of school, tours will be given to all on-campus students to familiarize them with areas designated for Upper School only.
- Please remember to download the School Wellness Screener. To download and begin using the app, please follow these steps:
(1) download the app here. The link will automatically direct you to the correct app store for your operating system (iOS or Android).
(2) enter your school-ID as: roycemoreschool-1812
(3) complete the login. NOTE: if you're a parent or faculty member with children, please add all of your children to your account before completing registration.
- Please complete the screener PRIOR to arrival each day. We would like the entry process to the building to be as smooth as possible.
- Off-Campus students, please check your email to find your Remote Learning Contract. You will need to read that, sign it, and get it back to me, please.
Thank you again, and I look forward to a wonderful year! GO GRIFFINS!!
Upper School Division Head