Dear J Member,
We are thrilled that with the transition to Phase 3 of the state’s reopening plan, the J’s Health & Wellness facilities will be open to members beginning Monday, July 13. We are so appreciative of your support during this pandemic and excited to see you again. As with everything else in our lives, however, things will be different. Our leadership has carefully reviewed the guidance provided by the CDC, our state and local health departments and consulted with local physicians to prepare the protocols for the safe opening of our J. Our staff have been training to make your return safe and enjoyable.
Please review the details of our opening plan for members located
Below are some of the most important things to know before coming to the J.
Hours of Operation (subject to change):
Monday thru Thursday: 6 am to 7 pm
Friday: 6 am to 5 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 7 am to 3 pm
- Reservations will be required to access the Health and Wellness facilities. Capacity is limited.
- Only members will have access to the facilities at this time (If you are ready to re-activate your membership, please email email@example.com).
- The locker rooms will be unavailable.
- There is no babysitting.
- Racquetball and squash courts will be unavailable.
- Please bring your own towel, water bottle, mat, etc.
- Entrance to the J will only be from the Converse Street parking lot (except for the preschool).
- Swimmers should come dressed in swimsuits and will enter/exit through the outdoor patio.
- Face coverings are required at all times while on campus, except for while exercising.
- When arriving at the J all members will participate in a screening that will include submission of a downloadable survey and having temperature checked.
While we move to open our facility, we know that you may not be ready to return. We will continue to offer
in order to keep you active and connected. Some of our group exercise classes will continue outdoors.
We will continue to follow the advice of our health care professionals to ensure the most up-to-date safety protocols are in place. In the meantime, the J will have enhanced cleaning throughout the day. Building capacity has been reduced. Screening of staff takes place daily. Fitness equipment has been moved to maximize physical distance. Signage encourages members and staff to wash hands often and maintain physical distance. Barriers have been placed to separate indoor transaction areas.
Again, please review the important details of the opening procedures and how to reserve your spot in the fitness or pool facilities
. We will be releasing additional information in the next couple of days. If you have any questions after reviewing the material please do not hesitate to email me at
Likely, there will be bumps in the road as we open our J again. Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding. We can’t wait to see you again.