Dear JABC Volunteer,
JABC is committed to the health and safety of our students, volunteers, educators and staff. Currently, the risk of transmission of COVID-19 in Canada remains low. British Columbia schools are operating as normal, and JABC continues to confidently deliver programs. With the spread of COVID-19 and other viruses, we want to ensure we protect the health and safety of our volunteers, students
educators and staff. Therefore, we ask that you observe the following guidelines when volunteering for JABC in the classroom:
- Please avoid all physical contact with teachers, school staff and students.
- Keep your hands clean and use hand sanitizer liberally. Many schools have hand sanitizer stations near doors and entrances. If you do not see any on site, please ask the teacher if some is available.
- Please do not deliver a JA program if you:
- Are feeling ill, have a cough or a fever.
- Have visited or have been in close contact with anyone who has visited at risk countries, including China, Iran, Italy, South Korea, Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong, within the past 14 days.
- Have been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19.
- For more information on COVID-19 and what to do if you have symptoms, visit HealthLinkBC, call 8-1-1 or contact your healthcare provider.
- If you cannot deliver a program, please get in touch with your Program Team member. They will reschedule or find an alternate program delivery method. If you are unable to reach your regular JABC Program Team member, please contact Deborah Wakeham, VP Programs at (250) 893-4495 or Deborah.Wakeham@jabc.org or Cheryl Borgmann, Director of Community Engagement at (604) 688-3887 x 226 or Cheryl.Borgmann@jabc.org.
Thank you very much for your commitment to the development of BC's youth.
If you have any questions about the content of this email, please do not hesitate to contact me at