Dear Church Family and Friends,
The Session met on Wednesday night and discussed the implications of the new State of Michigan and CDC guidelines for church life. You can read the new CDC guidelines here. The Session and I continue to seek the safety and well-being of all persons in the life of the church.
The current Sunday morning practices of masking and distancing will continue until June 6.
Starting Sunday, June 6th, The Session approved the following:
- The church will continue the practice of masking and distancing when entering the church building and the sanctuary.
- We will continue the practice of distanced seating in the pews.
- Once seated in a pew, persons who are fully vaccinated will not be required to wear a mask.
- Responsive prayers and congregational singing will return to worship services, however all worship participants are required to wear a mask while singing.
- Ushers will no longer dismiss congregants by rows and contact tracing will no longer be necessary.
- Coffee hour may be offered outside, weather permitting, once ministry teams are prepared to offer hospitality.
- Childcare, usher service for communion, and physical collection of offering will not be offered until a future date.
Session has also approved the following changes to ministries of the church:
- Small groups and gatherings can meet in-person off-site while following State of Michigan and CDC guidelines, as well as the requirements of any venue used for gathering.
- Committees of the church can decide if they will meet in-person or continue online.
- Appointments are no longer necessary to visit the church.
As the opportunity to restore in-person gathering with confidence grows, the Session will continue to assess and communicate further updates to the church's practices and ministries.
Grace & Peace,
Rev. Matthew Nickel