The sunshine this weekend brought hope of brighter days ahead. JFCS continues our work of Help, Hope and Healing to serve this community.
What are we doing right now?
- Last week, the Mobile Food Pantry made two more stops out in the community, at Capital YMCA Trenton and, through a growing partnership with the East Windsor Regional School district, at the Melvin H. Kreps Middle School. Between the Mobile Food Pantry stops and increased client traffic to our on-site pantry, we have helped feed over 2,000 individuals in our community.
- Virtual J-Serve Part II was held yesterday and had 30 local teens participate in virtual mitzvah projects including creating inspiring notes for children isolated in the hospital through Chai Lifeline and thank you signs for staff at senior care facilities to be delivered with snacks through our #JFCSFeedsTheFrontline initiative.
- Our "Shop & Drop" volunteer program continues to grow as more senior clients reach out for assistance in accessing reliable grocery deliveries.
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Now more than ever, connection is important to those who are experiencing emotional or mental distress.
- Join us for tomorrow for the webinar, Tuesday, May 19 at 6:00 PM "Grieving the Loss of Normal" led by Linda Kanner, LCSW. The COVID-19 pandemic provokes a lot of emotions in us all - anxiety, stress, sadness, amongst others. However, it is also a time of collective sorrow. We are all losing something, particularly, our sense of predictability, control, justice, and the belief that we can protect our loved ones. Linda Kanner, LCSW will lead a discussion on how to cope with some of these losses. Join by following the link or call in at 1-312-626-6799 and enter Webinar ID: 963-0117-3790.
Looking for someone to speak to? Do you need support?
- Connect with a JFCS counselor during "Drop-in" Hours. You can connect one-on-one with a counselor who can provide personalized tips and support. Drop-In hours will be Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 10 AM - 12 PM, Tuesday & Thursdays 5 - 7 PM. Call us at 609-987-8100 and Dial 0.
- Our Resource Page is a wealth of knowledge blog posts from our team and new links to resources.
What is in the works?
- Applications being accepted for the Wollin Scholarship through June 1. See our site for details on eligibility and more details.
What can you do?
- If you are looking for a way to give back and are interested in our volunteer opportunities, contact Eden Aaronson at EdenA@jfcsonline.org.
- If you or someone you know needs emergency food - call us.
- If you or someone you know could benefit from our counseling support - call us.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Upcoming Holiday Closures
Friday May 22
Monday May 25
Thursday May 28
(Close at 4 PM)
Friday, May 29
Secure@Home on-call staff will remain available 24/7 to our members during this time.
If you are experiencing a mental health emergency, call 9-1-1.