Take twelve whole months.
Clean them thoroughly of all bitterness,
hate, and jealousy.
Make them just as fresh and clean as possible.
Now cut each month into twenty-eight, thirty, or
thirty-one different parts,
but don't make up the whole batch at once.
Prepare it one day at a time out of these ingredients:
1. Mix well into each day one part of faith,
one part of patience, one part of courage,
and one part of work.
2. Add to each day one part of hope,
faithfulness, generosity, and kindness.
3. Blend with one part prayer, one part meditation,
and one good deed.
4. Season the whole with a dash of good spirits,
a sprinkle of fun, a pinch of play,
and a cupful of good humor.
5. Pour all of this into a vessel of love.
6. Cook thoroughly over radiant joy,
garnish with a smile,
and serve with quietness, unselfishness,
7. You're bound to have a happy new year.
~ Author Unknown ~