Community of Grace
Vision Sunday Pt. 2
1. MISSION: What are we doing?
Connecting our church and community
to become change agents for Jesus.
2. STRATEGY: How are we doing it?
3. VALUES: Why are we doing it?
· TRUTH centered.
· TRANSFORMATION driven.
· COMMUNITY focused.
· MISSIONS active.
4. MEASURES/MARKS: When are we successful?
As a change agent for Jesus, I will…
· Connect daily with GOD’S WORD.
· PRAY daily.
· Connect with THE CHURCH regularly.
· Connect weekly with a GROWTH GROUP.
· Serve INSIDE and OUTSIDE the church.
· Connect with my COMMUNITY
· Share my FAITH STORY.
5. VISION: Where are we going?
Beyond the horizon vision: 5-7 years
- ______________ ______________ leading to ______________ gospel ________________.
Background vision: 3 years
- Intentional ___________________ plan.
- Individual and corporate _______________.
- Developing healthy ______________ and ____________________.
- Develop a culture of community _______________.
Midground vision: 1 year
- In 2021, we envision _______ of COG praying _________ for and ______________ 3 people in their network of relationships who are ________________.
Foreground vision: quarterly marks
- 1st quarter à Identify ______ people who are far from God.
- 2nd quarter à continue praying for and engaging ________________ each person. (text, call, etc.)
- 3rd quarter à continue praying for desperation and extend an intentional _____________ invitation. (coffee, meal, etc.)
- 4th quarter à continue praying for your 3 and _____________________________________ with each person.
Communion: We will observe the Communion today.
Every Sunday during the 10:00 service, we will be in-person with Bible stories, and other fun activities. Don't miss this opportunity to get together with other kids and celebrate Jesus together! Sign up here or contact Nancy@communityofgrace.com for more information.
Baptism Class: today (17th), @ 4 pm via zoom:
Do you have questions about baptism? What is it? What does it do? Do I have to say anything? Why do we do baptism? These are just a few of the questions people ask about baptism. If you would like to know more or have made a decision to give your life to Jesus and would like to be baptized, this class is for you. Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/96067836201
Women's Ministry Virtual Conference:
Self-Care is not Selfish!
-Your mental health is a priority
-Your happiness is important
-Your spiritual care is a necessity
-Your self-care is fundamental
Join Women's Ministry at Community of Grace for the First Annual Self-Care Virtual Conference. Ladies of all ages welcome!
Date: January 23, 2021
Time: 9:00am-12:00pm (zoom opens at 8:30)
Register here for zoom login.
Student Ministry: Winter Chill Event:
We are so excited to let you know of an amazing event that we have coming up for your student(s) called Winter Chill !
January 29th-January 31st
Please click here for more information and to register your student(s).
Parent Connect page, here.
Baptism Day: January 31st, 2021. (during service):
Love Baskets: Nicaragua Mission fundraising event:
Love baskets are a fun way to be part of the Nicaragua mission team. This annual fundraiser helps us minister with the gospel and with medical care to thousands of people on every trip. Each year we see God’s love move in a powerful way and hundreds who come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
No need to sign up – Just bring baskets as soon as you can! Baskets need to be on display for bidding by February 7th. Tables will be set up in the back and/or side walls.
Your Love Basket will be auctioned in a silent auction to conclude on Sunday, February 14th with all proceeds going to the Nicaragua Mission Trip. Thank you for supporting the mission in this special way!
Child Evangelism Fellowship:
Good News Club meetups will be Thursday, January 21st, 2021 at COG from 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm. This group is for elementary-aged children.
Masks are required during the Good News Club get-togethers at COG. You can register online or download the registration form. If you have questions or want to be a helper/leader, you can email Kathleen Chandler or call her at 720-621-3602.
Fit2Serve: Weigh-in Wednesdays – January 20th, 2021. If you'd like help with accountability for your weight loss goals, consider me as your accountability partner in this endeavor. You can be anonymous if
you'd like. Text me, Carol B, at 303-522-2293, for further details.
Fit2Serve: Pedometer Heart Health Competition - February 1-28 (4 weeks) will be a 3-person team competition. Walk your way to better health and compete in a friendly way with your friends. You can sign up with me as a team or individually. Talk to me about deals on pedometers. Or use your smartwatch, Fitbit, etc... Sign up by Jan 31st by texting Carol B at 303-522-2293.
Outdoor Ministry: Whitewater Rafting is back this year! The best deals are found in February. Groups of 10 get an even better deal. We'll be going on Saturday, June 5th. Both beginner and intermediate. Call or text Carol B at 303-522-2293 for more information.
Men’s Tuesday Bible Study: February 2nd, 2021, 6:00 am (Zoom)
Men, do you need a place to be encouraged and challenged? Join Pastor Joel for a time of looking into God's Word and applying it to your life. We will meet from 6:00 to 7:00 on Tuesday mornings. Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/93991814344
Sunday Prayer Time:
Join us in corporate prayer on Sunday mornings via Zoom from 8:00 am - 8:30 am. The link and login is the same every week.
Meeting ID: 598 261 804