A Blessed New Year, dear GLD Pastor's Wife!
Last year you received our resource book,
Face to Face-Praying the Scriptures for Intimate Worship
. This year we would like to encourage prayer in small groups of our pastors' wives providing another way for us to be connected, encouraged, and resourced. To begin this process your regional pastors' wives' team leader will send you an email to ask if you would like to join a prayer cluster with some of the GLD pastors' wives in your region.
Based on your response, she will organize groups of 3-4 by sending you each others' name, church, and email. The goal will be to pray for those in your pastors' wife cluster once a week along specific themes that I will provide in this bi-monthly newsletter. This connecting process may take a month or so to develop. One of our regions used this idea last year, and many
of the pastors' wives enjoyed this connection.
Scripture and prayer themes will come from our 2018 resource book, Rooted Woman of Valor. (Each of you has or will receive the book in the next month or so.)
The following themes come from the Fruit in our Life Realms like the Proverbs 31--Rooted Woman of Valor.
| Our Marriage Our Home (Inside) Our Home (Outside) Our World Our Character Our Rewards
Let's pray and give focus during January and February on the Proverbs 31 Woman of Valor's life realm of our Marriage and Trustworthy Love
- Proverbs 31:11,12 "The heart of her husband trust in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life."
- I Corinthians 13:4-8 "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."
- Specific Prayer focus
- Wisdom as we seek to build trust in our relationship with our husbands
- Insight on how to do good toward our husbands
- Ask the Lord to show us specific areas that we fall into bringing harm to our husbands
- Pray the specifics of I Corinthian love for each other's marriages
- Action point
- Keep a journal of specific ways the Lord speaks to you as you pray and live out these Scriptures
Thirty of our GLD pastors' wives and their husbands attended our 2017 Resilient Ministry retreat last year. If you and your husband did not have an opportunity to attend last year, the invitation went out to your husbands about the 2018 July retreat at beautiful Glen Eyrie in Colorado Springs, CO. Dr. Donald Guthrie, the author of Resilient Ministry, will be the main speaker. He and his team are superb at leading pastors and wives into meaningful teaching and conversations about key issues in the pastorate. I will lead an interactive session for pastors' wives on lessons learned from famous pastors' wives from the time of Katie Luther.
Also, mark your calendar for our next GLD Conference October 8-9, 2018. Jill and Stuart Briscoe will be our key speakers.
If you have any questions, please contact me.
Jan C. Thompson