Arts Council~Haliburton Highlands
January 2019 Newsletter
January 2019 - News, Events, Workshops, Services and more
for being an advertiser in our Directory
anuary 10 @ 2 pm followed by a workshop
Northern Lights Performing Arts Pavillion
Highlands Summer Festival
Auditions for the 2019 season
Saturday January 26th & Sunday January 27th, 2019
Northern Lights Performing Arts Pavilion
Please contact Joan Hawley (705.457.1789) to schedule an audition.
Minden District Fur Harvesters: Winter Workshop: Jan. 13 @ 9 am, Minden Community Centre
Ice Racing -Minden Fairground, Jan. 19th & 20th
Dogsled Derby: 17th Annual Haliburton Highlands @ Pinestone Resort, Jan. 19th & 20th
Canadian National Pond Hockey Championships @ Pinestone Resort, Jan. 25th-27th & Feb. 1st - 3rd
Julian Taylor Band
Saturday Feb 9, 2019. Doors open at 7pm. Music starts at 7:30pm
Where: Royal Canadian Legion Br 129, 719 Mountain Street,
The Haliburton Forest Woodshop
Artists in the Schools
The Haliburton & District Lions Club
The Minden & District Lions Club
Rotary Club of Haliburton
Parker Pad & Printing Ltd.
| photo by Jen Posti
You will find information on upcoming events, good news about members and opportunities for artists, performers, writers and organizations.
Arts Council AGM
Annual General Meeting
for present and past members
Haliburton Highlands Museum
5:00 pm for refreshments
6:00 pm for meeting
Please join us for a review of the past year.
Nominations for Directors can be sent to Peggy Morgan at email@example.com and/or will be taken from the floor the day of the meeting.
Membership Renewals will be accepted at the meeting.
Please join us and help shape our future.
| Important Dates for You to Remember
Arts Council Haliburton Highlands
Annual General Meeting -
January 23, 2019 @ 5pm Haliburton Higlands Museum.
Find out about all the interesting things your Arts Council has been up to over the last year, and have your say about what we do next year.
Calling All Roundtable Artists
Join us on Friday,
February 8, 2019, at the Rails End Gallery from 4 to 6pm for a social gathering of artists and arts-minded people. Relax and enjoy the conversation with fellow artists and art enthusiasts. More details to follow in the new year.
Call for Entry
2019 Rails End Members' Salon Exhibition
"The Elements ll"
entry deadline: Jan. 12, 2019 4 pm
for more information click here
Discover Barnum in Winter
February 4, 10 am to noon
@ Barnum Creek Nature Reserve
Reptile Road Show
March 13, 10 am till noon
@Haliburton Fish Hatchery
Red Sky Performance presents "Mistatim"
Jan 20, 2 pm
@ Northern Lights Performing Arts Pavilion, Haliburton
Mon. & Tues. 10-12 & 1-3, Boathouse Studio in Carnarvon
$10/class; 905-435-7785; firstname.lastname@example.org
Haliburton County Historical Society
Jack Brezina, Publisher of "History of Times"
1979-2019 40th Anniversay
Jan. 24: 1:30 pm
phone Larry Giles @ 705-754-0427
Snowshoe & Lunch
Jan. 11; 10:30 -12:30 pm
Jan. 16, 23, 30; 1-2:30 pm
Clay Paint Night & Workshop
Jan. 16, 6-9 pm
Jan. 21, 7-9 pm
Sanctioned Snowshoe Race
Jan. 26, 11 am-2 pm
May the Forest Be With you
Peter Hynard & Ernie Demuth
County Road 1
Wed. Jan 9th; 7-9 pm
Fish Hatchery, 6712 Gelert Rd., Haliburton
Snowshoe Like a Canadian:
Jan. 2, 3, 4, 9,
Skijiring - An adventure with your dog:
Dec. 15,16, 17
Sleigh Bells Ring: Jan. 1, 4, 5, 6, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 26, 27
Making Moccasins: Jan. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 12, 19,
High on Ice:
Jan. 12, 26
More Ice: Jan. 19, 26
Winter Camping with Callan: Jan. 18, 19
Snowga: Jan. 5, 8, 15, 29
Walk into Winter: Jan. 4
Stray Cats: Jan. 11, ,
Beer & Ukulele Haliburton Guitar Studio & Haliburton Highlands Brewery
Julian Taylor Band
Check out the Dorset Rec Calendar events
Experiences are the gifts that keep on giving and a Saturday workshop or week of creativity is perfect! Give someone the opportunity to try glassblowing or iron sculpture, make a silver ring, play the guitar, paint a landscape, throw a pot, or choose from many, many other options.
A sneak peek of the 2019 program will be available mid-December and the full program will be online at the end of February. Registration opens March 1.
1-866-353-66464 ext. 3
297 College Dr.,Haliburton, ON K0M 1S0
705-457-1680 or 1-866-353-6464 ext. 3
If you know someone who would like to receive these listings, please have them forward their contact information to: email@example.com and we will put them on the list.
This information is provided to individuals interested in the arts in Haliburton County. Arts Council ~ Haliburton Highlands members may list news, events, funding, competitions, employment and volunteer opportunities, and services related to the arts in Haliburton County. Submission of materials to be distributed should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Publication of materials will be made at the discretion of the editor.
Although every effort is made to ensure that information is accurately presented, the Arts Council shall not be held responsible for any errors or omissions which may occur. Individuals or organizations who submit information are responsible for the accuracy of the information submitted to the Arts Council for publication. If you wish to removed from this mailing list please click on the SafeUnsubscribe link that appears at the bottom of this newsletter.
Benefits of Membership
As a member of the Arts Council~Haliburton Highlands you receive:
What does the Arts Council do on members' behalf?
- FREE listing of your artist/studio/business/organization details in the Arts Council's online Directory and in the annual printed Arts Directory (25,000+ distribution) with your BRONZE level membership.
- Ability to purchase an enhanced listing in the annual Arts Directory (GOLD & SILVER level memberships).
- Exclusive events listing in monthly newsletter e-blast to approximately 1,000 recipients AND free listing of your events on the Arts Council website.
- Participation in promotional material mailing to Ontario Tourism Centres.
- FREE classified ads in monthly newsletter and on the Arts Council website.
- Ability to purchase your own e-blast to the Arts Council's database ($25 + HST per).
- Access to Arts Council credit card program (7.5% fee on sales) and wine glass rental ($4.20 per dozen + HST).
- Participation in the Artists in the Schools program.
- Use of Arts Council Membership logo on your promotional material.
- A vote at the Arts Council Annual General Meeting.
- Opportunity to be a Featured Artist on the Arts Council web site.
- Access to the Haliburton School of the Arts extensive resource library.
- Paid opportunities to participate/exhibit at Arts Council-sponsored community events.
- Compiles information for members about funding, resources, competitions, requests for proposals for artists and arts organizations and businesses.
- Acts a voice for arts, culture and heritage in Haliburton County. The Arts Council has representation on the Haliburton County Tourism Coalition and is involved in provincial and national arts organizations.
- Provides an information service to the public about the services, skills and products provided by members of the Arts Council. The Arts Council responds to requests for information by the public received by phone, mail or e-mail.
- Facilitates business-to-business connections among Arts Council members
- Collaborates with other organizations to promote the arts, culture and heritage.
If you are interested in donating to the Artists in the Schools program, donors receive a charitable tax receipt. Cheques can be made out to the Friends of the Arts in Haliburton Highlands and mailed to PO Box 931, Haliburton ON K0M 1S0. Alternatively, you may donate via PayPal.