TxHRH105: A Practical Guide to the Access and Functional Needs of Vulnerable Populations
Different communities have different needs. Communities, populations, and individuals with Limited English Proficiency (LEP) require communications they can understand. Sheltering needs are also different for those with functional or access difficulties.
How Public Health and first responders interact with a variety of populations before, during, and after a disaster should be influenced by the different needs of each community. Needs and methods of communication should be established before disaster strikes.
- Recognize the vulnerable populations in your communities
- Identify trusted community resources
- Describe the importance of preparing and acting with inclusion in mind
- Explain the power of resources in accessing aid and information
- Implement best practice methods for emergency preparedness for vulnerable populations
For more information about