COLD AND FLU SEASON HAS ARRIVED
In order to minimize the spread of illness in the school, please review our policies below:
Children with any of the following symptoms
must be kept home or will be sent home
if already at school:
Appearance and Behavior
- Unusually tired, pale, lack of appetite, confused, or irritable
- Thick mucus or other draining from the eye; Pink Eye
- Temperature of 100 degrees or more
- Continuing nasal discharge and/or chronic cough
- Especially with fever, swollen glands, a cough
- Please keep home - student may return to school after there have been no episodes for 24 hours.
- Please keep home - student may return to school after there have been no vomiting episodes for 24 hours.
- Body rash with fever or itching
- If no fever, does not need to stay home; however, the child should see a healthcare provider
- Children may not return to school until they have been treated and are free of lice and nits (eggs).
Bottom Line: If you suspect your child is coming down with a cold, the flu, or any other illness, please keep him/her home.
Any student taking antibiotics may return to school after 24 hours on the medication, if his/her symptoms are significantly reduced.