The partial shutdown of the federal government is affecting some of the first mortgage programs through Kentucky Housing Corporation (KHC).
RHS Guarantee Loans
- KHC will not purchase or close a loan without the RHS Conditional Commitment and tax transcripts.
Verification of Employment (VOE) on Conventional, FHA, and RHS Loans for Federal Employees
- KHC will require a VOE within 10 days prior to closing.
- The only exceptions will be conventional loans for military personnel who use their Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), or if their employment was validated by Desktop Underwriter (DU) service and follows all conditions.
- KHC will follow agency guidelines that are in place during the partial federal government shutdown.
Federal Tax Transcripts and Social Security Validation
- If federal tax transcripts or validation of social security numbers are required per underwriting, or are listed as an automated underwriting engines (AUS) finding within DU, then applicants will be required to provide copies prior to closing or purchase of a loan.
KHC Interest Rate Lock
If you have an existing interest-rate lock that will need an extension due to the partial federal government shutdown, please email KHC's Single-Family Programs at