Septic Systems Must be Pumped out or Inspected at least every Five Years
Just a friendly reminder that The Chesapeake Bay Preservation Act requires that every septic system in Gloucester County be pumped out or inspected at least every five years. Please make certain that your system is being pumped on a regular basis and that your septic hauler notifies the County that your requirement has been met.
To extend the lift of your septic system:
· Conserve water
· Fix leaky faucets and toilets
· Stagger laundry days
· Divert surface water run-off away from absorption fields
· Have your system pumped regularly
It is vital to the health of your septic system that you DO NOT:
· Put grease or strong chemicals down your sink or toilet
· Drive or park over the drain field
· Plant trees within 30 feel of septic tank or drain field.
For specific questions about your septic system please contact the Gloucester County Health Department (804) 693-2445.