Dear Mill Valley School Community!
I hope you enjoyed your winter break and are looking forward to a fantastic 2019!
As we enter the month of January and look forward to the remainder of the school year, I thought it best to highlight some of the work ahead of us:
- This month, our Administrative Team will engage in an interactive leadership retreat to reflect on our work around Equity and the Strategic Plan;
- Site security measures will be evaluated to determine security updates and additional education where necessary;
- Our Mill Valley Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) will continue to convene to provide advice and feedback on the development of our Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP);
- A sub-committee of Mill Valley stakeholders will come together to determine next steps related to the comprehensive Facility Needs Assessment;
- Our Community Financial Advisory Committee (CFAC) will continue to provide expertise to ensure the district maintains its strong fiscal status;
- Staff will engage in ongoing professional development in social emotional learning, global competency, equity, and more;
- This spring, we will celebrate the many years of service of our talented staff;
- Students in grades 3rd – 8th will engage in the annual statewide standardized testing;
- We will evaluate the progress we have made on our strategic plan and determine next steps for the upcoming year.
The above are just a few of the areas we will be working on, all while the staff continues to provide our students with a high-quality, comprehensive education at each of our school sites.
There is much work ahead of us, but with that comes celebration and success – as well as learning and growth. Here’s to 2019 being a positive and productive year….we have a lot to look forward to!