Thank You Sponsors!
The Green Charitable Foundation
Remick Family Foundation
Stanford Medical Center
Russell Andrews, M.D.
Falasco Keeney Family
Edie Zusman, M.D.
Sutter Health East Bay
Sutter Health Sacramento
UCSF Epilepsy Center
Chau-Chun Chien, M.D.
In the News:
Wins Everyday Health
Innovation in Digital Health at 2014 International CES"
, a Wearable Monitoring and Alerting Product for Seizures, Tops in Patient Diagnostics and Management Category. To read full article, click here.
"FDA Grants Premarket Approval (PMA) for the
NeuroPace� RNS� System to treat
Medically Refractory Epilepsy"
Physicians on the Front:
Dr. Josef Parvizi, Stanford
"Stanford medical team helps woman battle epileptic seizures"
A Bay Area woman is behind the wheel one again after a delicate surgery that's given back to her the freedom to drive, and much more. To read full article, click here.
Greetings friends -- Happy 2014!
2013 was a good year -- let's make 2014 even better!
In 2013 EFNC:
- Said "Yes" to every training request from Redding to Willits to Fresno.
- Volunteers staffed three community health fairs.
- Had our largest-ever Epilepsy Awareness Stroll. Start your 2014 team now!
- Began Savers partnership -- three stores. See below.
- Increased Gala attendance from 225 to 275 filling every seat.
- Added 13 new Gala sponsors.
Our motto for 2014 is"Action!"
- Add social events for support groups.
- Living With Epilepsy events.
- CEU Training (3.2 CR) for teachers and school staff.
- Double the size of Summer Camp.
- Shh...secret. A new children's day camp!
And we need your help:
- Large gymnasium for the new children's camp.
- Nurses and teachers to lead classes.
- Rebuild website.
- Support/ Event group leaders.
- Conference call sponsors -- with our volunteers.
- Funding for a full-time Event and Volunteer Coordinator.
- Funding for a full-time Program Manager.
- ...I could go on!
I know you can't do everything, but every little bit helps.
All the best in 2014 -- I hope to meet you!
Dust your shoes off!
22nd Annual Stroll for Epilepsy
May 17th, 2014
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Time to start recruiting your teams! Online registration available soon.
More information to follow.
June 5-7, 2014
Hyatt Regency, San Francisco, CA Registration is now open. For more, click here.
Youth Summer Camp
June 29-July 4, 2014
CYO Camp in Occidental, CA
is the recipient of the 2013 Paul E. Smith Scholarship Award. The scholarship recognizes Caitlin as a person with epilepsy whose academic performance, community involvement, and personal statement are all exemplary. It is presented annually so that people like Caitlin can pursue their life goals and dreams. In Caitlin's words, "I will not let epilepsy alter my dreams, I have learned to live with epilepsy." Currently in her second semester as a student at Colorado State University, she hopes to become an equestrian veterinarian one day. To read about the Paul E. Smith scholarship, click here.
Did you know?
- Clean Out Your Closet: Schedule a free donation pick-up with SAVERS. Tax-deductible donations of clothing and housewares give those facing epilepsy access to no-cost services and programs to help them thrive. Call 855-336-0212 or schedule online donate4epilepsy.org.
- Matching Gift Programs: Make a donation and double your impact! Many employers will match tax-deductible charitable contributions made by their employees, retirees and employees' spouses. Find out if your company matches donations towards EFNC.
Let's Talk About It
Free Training | Education
Our staff & volunteers provide basic epilepsy training including seizure recognition and first aid. Trainings are given in various community settings. Schedule yours today:
- School Personnel
- Law Enforcement
- First Responders
- Service Providers
- Service Clubs and other venues
Help stamp out the stigma -- knowledge is power!
Want to volunteer to give trainings in your area?
call (415) 677-4011