1. Approved the minutes of Planning & Economic Development Committee - Planning & Economic Development Committee - Jan 3, 2022 5:00 PM
2. Approved the minutes of County Council - County Council Meeting - Jan 3, 2022 6:00 PM 3. Approved the minutes of Zoning Committee - Regular Meeting - Jan 11, 2022 5:45 PM
4. Approved the FY 2022 - 2023 Budget Calendar.
5. APPROVED SECOND READING OF AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND CHAPTER 33 OF THE YORK COUNTY CODE OF ORDINANCES SO AS TO REVISE TIMING AND APPROVAL OF RECLASSIFICATION OF COUNTY POSITIONS, GRADE LEVELS AND SALARY RANGES AND TO PROVIDE FOR OTHER MATTERS RELATED THERETO.
6. Rezoning Action: Gave Second Reading Case # 21-23 Tax Map # 484-00-00-024 Zoning Request: To rezone from RC-I to BD-III Acres: 1.0 +/- acres Council District: Two (2) - Love Applicant: Lee Whitley Owner: W.F. Papke III Income/Expense, LLC Location: 6166 Charlotte Highway, Clover Planning Commission Date: December 13, 2021 Staff Recommendation: Approve PC Recommendation: Approve
7. APPROVED SECOND READING OF AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND THE YORK COUNTY CODE OF ORDINANCES, CHAPTER 150, BUILDING REGULATIONS, IN ITS ENTIRETY, TO INCORPORATE CERTAIN PROVISIONS OF THE INTERNATIONAL BUILDING CODE, INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTIAL CODE, NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE, INTERNATIONAL FUEL GAS CODE, INTERNATIONAL PLUMBING CODE, INTERNATIONAL MECHANICAL CODE, INTERNATIONAL ENERGY CONSERVATION CODE, AND INTERNATIONAL EXISTING BUILDING CODE, AS MODIFIED AND ADOPTED BY THE SOUTH CAROLINA BUILDING CODES COUNCIL FOR MANDATORY ENFORCEMENT BY ALL JURISDICTIONS WITHIN THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA; TO REORDER, CLARIFY, AND RESTATE PROVISIONS OF THE EXISTING BUILDING REGULATIONS, INCLUDING, INTER ALIA, THE APPLICATION PROCEDURES, COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS, AND FEES FOR BUILDING PERMITS, THEIR SCOPE, REVOCATION, EXPIRATION, AND TERMINATION; THE INSPECTION PROCEDURES FOR CONSTRUCTION AND CERTIFICATES OF OCCUPANCY; THE ADMINISTRATION AND ENFORCEMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS CHAPTER; THE POWERS AND DUTIES OF THE BUILDING OFFICIAL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, RIGHTS-OF-ENTRY, THE ISSUANCE OF STOP WORK ORDERS, AND THE PROVISION OF ALTERNATIVE MATERIALS AND DESIGN; VARIANCES AND APPEALS RELATED TO THE CHAPTER; THE BUILDING APPEALS BOARD, ITS MEMBERSHIP, POWERS, PROCEDURES, AND RELATED DUTIES AND AUTHORITY; AND, THE PENALTIES AND POTENTIAL REMEDIES FOR VIOLATIONS OF THIS CHAPTER; TO PROVIDE FOR A PUBLIC HEARING; AND TO PROVIDE FOR OTHER MATTERS RELATING THERETO.
8. Approved a Mitigation Agreement with Encompass Health South Carolina Real Estate, LLC for road improvements identified within the TIA for the development of a rehabilitation medical facility located on Pleasant Road, referred as Tax Map numbers 020-09-01-88.
9. Authorized a request from the Solicitor for an additional attorney.
10. Approved an Addendum to the 2017 Rural Development Act Contract between York Electric Cooperative and York County regarding allocation of YEC funds applicable to qualifying RDA expenses.
11. Approved an Addendum to the 2020 Rural Development Act Contract between York Electric Cooperative and York County regarding allocation of YEC funds applicable to qualifying RDA expenses.
12. Approved selection of firms regarding RFQ #2779 for On Call Mechanical Engineering Services for a term of three years as listed: Buford Goff & Associates, Inc. of Columbia, SC; Clark Patterson Lee of Greenville, SC; CMTA Inc. of Charlotte, NC; Devita & Associates Inc. of Greenville, SC; and LaBella Associates of Charlotte, NC.
13. Approved selection of firms regarding RFQ #2804 for On Call Architecture and Landscape Architecture Services for a term of three years as listed: Architectural Firms: DWWA Architects of Rock Hill, SC; CPL of Charlotte, NC; Craig Gaulden Davis of Greenville, SC; DP3 Architects of Greenville, SC; and Stewart Cooper Newell Architects of Gastonia, NC. Landscape Architectural Firms: Alfred Benesch & Company of Charlotte, NC; The Dodd Studio of Fort Mill, SC; CES Group Engineers of Denver, NC; ESP Associates of Fort Mill, SC; McAdams of Charlotte, NC; Keck & Wood of Rock Hill, SC; Kimley Horn of Charlotte, NC; Stewart Engineering of Charlotte, NC; and Seamon Whiteside & Associates of Charlotte, NC.
14. Rejected all responses received regarding Bid #2805 for the exterior painting of Hightower Hall and Outbuildings Project.
15. Approved the use of Cooperative Purchasing as defined in section 35.008 (C)(2) of the York County Procurement Code in order to purchase Fire Apparatus for the York County Fire System.
16. Approved the declaration of two 9700 thermal cylinder units as surplus and authorized donation of the surplus items to an educational institute.
17. Approved amendment to award regarding the purchase of one new, unused 2021 Ford Police Interceptor Utility AWD SUV via state contract for use by the Sheriff's Office, from Santee Automotive LLC of Manning SC, as part of the SC Office of Highway Safety and Justice Programs, for a total cost of $40,866.00.
18. GAVE FIRST READING OF AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTION AND DELIVERY OF A FEE IN LIEU OF TAX AGREEMENT BY AND BETWEEN YORK COUNTY, SOUTH CAROLINA AND A COMPANY OR COMPANIES KNOWN TO THE COUNTY AT THIS TIME AS “PROJECT DONALD” WITH RESPECT TO CERTAIN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PROPERTY IN THE COUNTY, WHEREBY SUCH PROPERTY WILL BE SUBJECT TO CERTAIN PAYMENTS IN LIEU OF TAXES; AND OTHER MATTERS RELATED THERETO.
1. COUNCIL HELD A PUBLIC HEARING AND PROVIDED THIRD READING OF AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTION AND DELIVERY OF A FEE IN LIEU OF TAX AGREEMENT BY AND BETWEEN YORK COUNTY, SOUTH CAROLINA AND SAMUEL, SON & CO. (USA), A COMPANY PREVIOUSLY IDENTIFIED AS "PROJECT SIMA", WITH RESPECT TO CERTAIN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PROPERTY IN THE COUNTY, WHEREBY SUCH PROPERTY WILL BE SUBJECT TO CERTAIN PAYMENTS IN LIEU OF TAXES; AND OTHER MATTERS RELATED THERETO.
1. AMENDED AND GAVE SECOND READING OF AN ORDINANCE TO REPEAL AND REPLACE CHAPTERS 154: SUBDIVISION CODE AND 155: ZONING CODE; TO ADOPT A NEW ZONING MAP WHICH RENAMES CERTAIN ZONING DISTRICTS, PROVIDES FOR NEW ZONING DISTRICTS, CONSOLIDATES THE AGC-I AND AGC DISTRICTS INTO A SINGLE AGC DISTRICT, AND CONSOLIDATES THE RUD-I AND RUD DISTRICTS INTO A SINGLE RUD DISTRICT; TO RELOCATE § 154.038 DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENTS TO CHAPTER 153: PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT; TO RELOCATE CERTAIN CODE SECTIONS PERTAINING TO TAX DISTRICTS FROM THE ZONING CODE TO CHAPTERS 35: TAXATION AND FINANCE; TO APPROVE THE YORK COUNTY LAND DEVELOPMENT MANUAL RELATED TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER 154; TO PROVIDE FOR A PUBLIC HEARING; AND TO PROVIDE FOR OTHER MATTERS RELATING THERETO.
2. GAVE SECOND READING OF AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND YORK COUNTY CODE OF ORDINANCES, CHAPTER 31: COUNTY POLICIES, SECTION 31.01, RATES, FEES AND CHARGES FOR ZONING APPEALS, APPLICATIONS FOR VARIANCES, REZONING REQUESTS, PERMITS, INSPECTIONS, PLAN REVIEWS AND OTHER APPLICATIONS, PROCEDURES AND SERVICES RENDERED BY THE YORK COUNTY PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT AND THE YORK COUNTY ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT TO RETITLE THE SECTION “LAND DEVELOPMENT FEE SCHEDULE”; TO CREATE FEES FOR NEW PROCEDURES PURSUANT TO REVISIONS TO THE ZONING CODE AND LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE; TO REVISE AND REORDER THE FEE TABLE AND TABLE NOTES; TO PROVIDE FOR A PUBLIC HEARING; AND TO PROVIDE FOR OTHER MATTERS RELATING THERETO.
3. AMENDED AND GAVE SECOND READING OF AN ORDINANCE TO REDISTRICT AND REDEFINE THE VOTING DISTRICTS WITHIN YORK COUNTY THROUGH REAPPORTIONMENT, AS TO POPULATION, OF THE SEVEN SINGLE-MEMBER ELECTORAL DISTRICTS WITHIN THE COUNTY FOR THE ELECTION OF MEMBERS OF YORK COUNTY COUNCIL PURSUANT TO THE UNITED STATES CENSUS OF 2020 AND IN COMPLIANCE WITH SECTION 4-9-90 OF THE SOUTH CAROLINA CODE OF LAWS, 1976, AS AMENDED; TO AMEND SECTION 11.04 OF THE YORK COUNTY CODE TO CODIFY THE BLOCK INFORMATION PERTAINING TO THE NEW DISTRICTING; AND TO ADOPT THE CONFORMING REDISTRICTING MAP; AND TO PROVIDE FOR OTHER MATTERS RELATING TO THE REDISTRICTING AND REAPPORTIONMENT OF COUNTY COUNCIL DISTRICTS IN YORK COUNTY.
9. Amended and Gave Third Reading of AN ORDINANCE AMENDING CHAPTER 56 OF THE YORK COUNTY CODE OF ORDINANCES, NUISANCES; LITTERING; TO RENAME CHAPTER 56 AS "PUBLIC NUISANCES"; TO RENAME, RENUMBER, REORDER, AND CLARIFY THE REQUIREMENTS FOR NUISANCES THROUGHOUT CHAPTER 56; TO RELOCATE AND CONSOLIDATE THE LEGISLATIVE FINDINGS TO THE INTRODUCTORY PROVISIONS OF THE CHAPTER WHERE POSSIBLE IN ORDER TO PROVIDE CLARITY AND UNIFORMITY AS TO THE PURPOSE AND APPROACH FOR ADDRESSING ALL ACTIONS OR CONDITIONS WHICH CONSTITUTE A PUBLIC NUISANCE; TO PROVIDE A GENERAL DEFINITIONS SECTION FOR THOSE TERMS OR PHRASES APPLICABLE TO THE ENTIRE CHAPTER AND TO DEFINE CERTAIN TERMS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUBLIC NUISANCE, RESPONSIBLE PARTY, AND ABATEMENT THEREIN; TO PROVIDE FOR UNIFORMITY IN PROCEDURES FOR SERVING NOTICE OF A VIOLATION OR COMPLAINT; TO CLARIFY PROCEDURES BY WHICH THE COUNTY MAY ADDRESS INABILITY OR UNWILLINGNESS TO ABATE A PUBLIC NUISANCE; TO CLARIFY AND AMEND THE PENALTIES FOR FAILURE TO ABATE A PUBLIC NUISANCE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, APPLICABLE FINES AND ABATEMENT ACTION BY THE COUNTY IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE PLACEMENT OF A LIEN FOR THE COST OF SUCH ABATEMENT TO BE COLLECTED IN THE SAME MANNER AS DELINQUENT TAXES; TO PROVIDE FOR AN EMERGENCY ABATEMENT PROCESS FOR NUISANCES CONSTITUTING AN IMMINENT THREAT TO THE PUBLIC HEALTH, PEACE, SAFETY, OR TO THE ENVIRONMENT; AND TO PROVIDE FOR OTHER MATTERS RELATED THERETO.
New Business Council Member New/Non-agenda Comments
Council member Robert Winkler thanked all of our line workers and first responders for their hard work this past weekend during our ice storm.
Council member Allison Love thanked Eddie Broome and George Wilmore for addressing a situation with one of her constituents.
Council member William "Bump" Roddey thanked SCDOT, City of Rock Hill and York County Public Works for keeping our roads clear during this past weekend’s ice storm. Mr. Roddey also stated that he is looking for someone in District 4 that is interested in serving on York County Forever.
Council member Joel Hamilton stated that York County is hiring and encouraged citizens to apply.
Council member Tom Audette thanked first responders for their work this past weekend during the ice storm. Mr. Audette also commended the workforce ready program with York Technical College.
Council member Brandon Guffey reminded everyone to thank their law enforcement for their service.
Chairwoman Christi Cox commended the Finance Department for their excellent work that they are doing. Ms. Cox also explained that she received some communication from Lt. David Frye regarding the homeless population and recommended that this matter be referred to the Justice and Public Safety Committee for further discussion as well as the modifications to the ordinance regarding Chapter 30, Section 30.07 and 30.11.