We spent about an hour and a half trying to figure out why OASIS would connect on the server but not on any of the clients. My first thought was that it was a network issue. We went through all the basic troubleshooting steps: pinging the server, turning off and on the firewall and antivirus, etc.
We eventually figured out that the network and server had been restarted the night before. The server acted as the OASIS host, domain controller, and router according to IT. So, we had IT do an ipconfig on the server to determine if the IP address was still the same and we saw a small notation to the right of the IP address.
The Windows event viewer showed that there was a TCPIP conflict. The details stated a device was using the same IP address as the server. It displayed the Mac address. While IT was working on setting up the rules and reserves, we did a Mac lookup. The address was registered to a company that manufactured cheap cell phones and tablets.
IT began asking everyone who had personal devices connected to the Wi-Fi. It turned out that an employee had left their tablet in the office connected to the Wi-Fi and it was using the same IP address as the server.
We blocked the Mac, refreshed the router, and restarted the NIC on the server, then it worked!
Basically, when the network restarted, the tablet grabbed the same address as the server’s static address before the server was back online.
Moral of the story:
Do not allow unknown devices on your private network.