Meal Plans and Dining Operations
We have also made changes to our dining operations for students with meal plans.
- Students with meal plans can eat at either Kramer or Derby Dining Center.
- Most dining options will be carry out; limited options will be available for a dine-in experience.
- Additional pop-up meal service stations will be announced to serve students during high volume meal times to improve physical distancing and decrease wait times.
- Menus and meal hours will be posted on the Housing and Dining Services website.
- More information about specific dining center operations will be shared in early August.
Derby Dining Center Renovation Information
Housing and Dining Services began renovation of Derby Dining Center in the 2019-2020 academic year. The renovation will continue into the 2020-2021 academic year with anticipated completion in fall 2020. The renovation will include a new entry on the southeast corner of the building, updates to the first floor, a new single staircase entry to the food service area and a new open dining experience on the second floor. Updated fire safety and heat and air systems will be installed as well. Derby will continue to serve meals to students during the renovation, though certain lines and menu concepts may be limited and pathways to and through the dining center may change as progress is made. Housing and Dining Services will work closely with our contractors to minimize the disruption to students while maximizing communication of important information during the process.